Valentines on Glory

dan110

When I cruised on Valentines Day the only thing Carnival did was give the ladies a single, red rose before dinner.  When they ran out of roses, they gave carnations.

There was nothing else although there were a lot of couples lined up for photos and I think they had a Valentine heart theme for that.  I observed.  Didn't take any photos as I was sailing solo.

When we were on the Panorama last year, they moved the first formal night to Valentine's Day, which was the third night of the cruise.  The ladies were given roses and a "love" theme (flowers, etc.) was inserted into the photo ops.  In the evening, the CD hosted a commitment ceremony on the Lido deck -we had a very strong turnout which was surprising given this was the COVID-era (the ship was sailing at less than2/3 capacity) and it was cold outside. 

It was a nice touch to finish off the evening but I've seen that ceremony performed numerous times during regular sailings.  During the Holidays, we did a 16-day trip on Princess to Hawaii and the CD literally hosted the exact same ceremony right before the Love & Marriage game...

Edited by Itried4498