NCL Spirit Running Out of Diet Coke… Revolt Imminent

brngckn

13 hours ago, ysolde said:

We went to Guest Services and let them know that the Garden Cafe had run out of Diet Pepsi a couple of days before, Cagney's was unable to serve us Diet Pepsi the night before because, "Something was wrong with their Diet Pepsi dispenser," and that morning, they had told just at O'Sheehan's that the ship was out of Diet Pepsi.  The woman at Guest Services told us we were misinformed but the man standing behind us in line said, "No, it's true, and my wife is upset about it, too."  We wanted to find out if we could get a partial reimbursement on our soda package.  She told us to wait at the couches across from GS as she went to the bar nearby to confirm.  She came back about fifteen minutes later, asked us for our cabin number, and assured us that we would be served Diet Pepsi.  And she was right.  There must have been a bar with a semi-functioning Diet Pepsi dispenser somewhere, because we got watery Diet Pepsi when we went to the specialty restaurants after that.  Not in the Garden Cafe.  Not in O'Sheehan's.  It was something.  Sort of.  They were not going to give us that partial refund.  Not happening.

I’m sorry they didn’t let you cancel the drink package.  They ran out of stuff on my January getaway cruise (bananas, sugar cereal and skim milk in containers) but since I wasn’t paying extra for them I wasn’t entitled to anything.  We sailed rc adventure of the seas in august, and paid more for a higher speed internet option.  I don’t know how fast it was supposed to be, but it was quite slow (much slower than the getaway).  I was at the front desk because one of the room key cards wasn’t working and they refunded part of the high speed up charge, which was very nice of them.  

13 hours ago, brngckn said:

NCL Spirit is now out of all diet beverages until Sydney when most disembark in 2 days time. Much grumbling among guests. 

Hey, just noticed that you're from GH, WA! I live here too (although I did put a much more broad area in my profile like Seattle). Nice to meet someone local here on CC.

• Like 1