RCCL has no record that we requested seating with another family..still possible?

We're set to sail this Sunday on Explorer of the Seas. We booked back in October or November. Our neighbors booked the same cruise a few weeks later. They (neighbors) cross-referenced our reservations with RCCL. I called back a few days later to verify that our reservations would be linked together for second dining. The RCCL agent was nice..'yes mam. I'm showing you've requested seating with..' Thought it was a done deal. Tonight, we found out that they're listed for MAIN seating. I called RCCL and they had no record of such a request.

I'm not wasting energy getting mad, things happen, but am wanting to know (from other's experience) if it's possible to still be seated with them? I just sent an email to my neighbor (she and her family run a business, and they check their emails every 10 seconds or so and check their phone messages every hour or so.) I just left message with her teenage son, but don't have any hopes he'll get it to her anytime soon. (I was a teenager once.)

I know I'll be in touch soon. Has anyone here had luck with last-minute dining changes? I mean, would we be S-O-L if worse came to worse, and we called tomorrow, or changed them at the port? We all want late seating.

Thanks!

I would agree..There should be no problem going to late seating...Its usually main that is in demand... good luck..

Just curious where they are reading their assignments from...I assume their documents..Just be sure when you get on board,to check your seapass..Your seating will be on there...Maybe it was just a mis-print..?

Its usually a pretty simple thing to link ressies...Maybe once you get on board,it will be correct.

Archived