Freedom - Serenity and/or Adult pool?

bailey57

Surely this is somewhere in forums, but can't seem to find it by key words... 😕 On Freedom, I see Serenity area forward decks 12 & 14 - am I correct there are hot tubs on 14? And is the aft pool Lido deck 9 for adults only, or open to all? Planning how best to avoid kids... Any tips welcome! 😄 

10 minutes ago, maxandmolly said:

Serenity is the only adults only area on Carnivals ships. 

Yes, but as I recall the aft pool is marked "Adults Only" and I've actually seen kids being told they can't be in that pool.  There are rarely many kids in that area.

6 hours ago, TeresaJ said:

We were on Freedom in July and the aft (Tides) pool was adults only.  There are also 2 hot tubs back there too. My husband and I spent a lot of time there!

Yes, no kids in the pool or hot tub. There is the pizza pirate so they come for that. 

• Like 1

In theory.  When we were on Conquest, there were a number of kids in that pool for quite a while and then I guess one day someone finally decided to enforce it.    Should have been done from the start - only because it led to lots of questions of "well, yesterday...."

Didn't bother me, they were better behave than some of the adults, but can understand wanting to get away !!!!

Edited by Sabalon
  • Like 1

doesn't really matter how well behaved the kids may be, they're not allowed in the aft pool or hot tubs.

Carnival has a major struggle with adult behavior, as we are all well aware. Not particularly relevant to this discussion however.

22 hours ago, bailey57 said:

Surely this is somewhere in forums, but can't seem to find it by key words... 😕 On Freedom, I see Serenity area forward decks 12 & 14 - am I correct there are hot tubs on 14? And is the aft pool Lido deck 9 for adults only, or open to all? Planning how best to avoid kids... Any tips welcome! 😄 

There are 2 hot tubs on Serenity deck 14. We were on the Freedom this past December. The hot tubs didn't get very warm then, hopefully that has changed. If you get there fairly early in the day, you could potentially have the hot tub to yourself for awhile. We noticed they didn't get busy until later in the day.

19 hours ago, sunexpress said:

There are 2 hot tubs on Serenity deck 14. We were on the Freedom this past December. The hot tubs didn't get very warm then, hopefully that has changed. If you get there fairly early in the day, you could potentially have the hot tub to yourself for awhile. We noticed they didn't get busy until later in the day.

Yeah, actually, I remember that from other Carnival cruises (other ships). Lukewarm, at best... hopefully better this time. I seem to recall the aft tubs were warmer. None *hot*. 

On 2/7/2023 at 6:06 AM, bailey57 said:

Yeah, actually, I remember that from other Carnival cruises (other ships). Lukewarm, at best... hopefully better this time. I seem to recall the aft tubs were warmer. None *hot*. 

I was shocked at how hot the hot tubs were on my recent Royal cruise (on Freedom).  I'd gotten used to the usual lukewarm hot tubs on Carnival -- and didn't really mind that, especially on a hot, sunny day -- but everyone remarked at how hot those side hot tubs were.