Vibe Beach Club questions….

cruisinpips

14 hours ago, icicles said:

@roobqnCould you share how you did this? We are at  120 days and it’s not available online or on the app. We are Club Balcony, so should have been able to book at 125, but when I called they said we can book at 120. We are at 120 and online chat informed me it’s not available until 21 days before. 

It was in my list of possible upgrades/ ad ons.  I did this online.

Edited by roobqn

On 7/28/2023 at 1:24 AM, icicles said:

@roobqnCould you share how you did this? We are at  120 days and it’s not available online or on the app. We are Club Balcony, so should have been able to book at 125, but when I called they said we can book at 120. We are at 120 and online chat informed me it’s not available until 21 days before. 

I booked yesterday for March 2024. The app siad to "come back" so I did it online at the website. Might have been a glitch!

On 7/28/2023 at 3:24 PM, roobqn said:

It was in my list of possible upgrades/ ad ons.  I did this online.

Thank you! 

On 7/29/2023 at 9:58 AM, DrUrsula said:

I booked yesterday for March 2024. The app siad to "come back" so I did it online at the website. Might have been a glitch!

We called twice and used online chat. First they said it was too early (125 days out) then said they can’t book it, but don’t know why, possibly sold out. I’ll keep checking, but frustrating to be told wrong information 3x

What is the advantage to Encore Vibe Cabana vs just Vibe pass? We already have Vibe in April as there are several sea days and I didn't want to miss out. But as there are only 4 cabanas is it really worth it? Never used Vibe but looking forward to it.

On 2/16/2023 at 12:58 PM, MCMC100 said:

I wonder if this is becoming the new normal because it makes more sense for NCL.

It eliminates the ability to pass on a sail date if the Vibe is sold out when shopping itineraries/dates (something I and other posters admit we would do). Now instead of the old “race to board first” to get the Vibe it will become the battle of the midnight 120- day checkin. If you check in too late and the Vibe is sold out you’re locked into a cruise that can’t be canceled without penalty.  

Instead of foot speed it’s going to come down to internet speed. 

We're 244 days out and I purchased our Vibe passes on the app.

6 hours ago, SakeDad said:

What is the advantage to Encore Vibe Cabana vs just Vibe pass? We already have Vibe in April as there are several sea days and I didn't want to miss out. But as there are only 4 cabanas is it really worth it? Never used Vibe but looking forward to it.

Personally, I see no advantage.  In certain conditions (ship position, sun position) you might have shade that you may or may not want and you can't change the location or position of your cabana,

We like shade, and one thing that makes Encore's Vibe better than other ships is that it goes fully across the entire ship meaning regardless of sun and ship location you can usually find shade.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JGmf said:

At least in my experience, you can book online as soon as you book your cruise.  You can do it yourself....should there by an slots open.

We have two cruises booked for 2025 and they are not available for both.   I do check every few days.   We will cancel one of them, the Viva, if we cannot get them before final payment.  We have a backup plan in place, which we are excited about, so we will not be disappointed.   The other one is an Alaskan cruise on the Encore so I am not too worried about availability for that  cruise. 

1 hour ago, vacation44 said:

We have two cruises booked for 2025 and they are not available for both.   I do check every few days.   We will cancel one of them, the Viva, if we cannot get them before final payment.  We have a backup plan in place, which we are excited about, so we will not be disappointed.   The other one is an Alaskan cruise on the Encore so I am not too worried about availability for that  cruise. 

They are not selling Vibe 2025 yet 

15 day caribbean from NY, Getaway, Nov 2023.  Angled Balcony.

Weighing upgrade bid to Haven variants (we've never been, Min = $600pp)

vs.

Vibe @ $290pp

Only 1 new port of 10 for us, so we may stay aboard more frequently than in the past.

I've scoured Vibe threads and Haven threads.

Thoughts on comparisons for those who have done both?

1 hour ago, leithbones said:

vs.

Vibe @ $290pp

Only 1 new port of 10 for us, so we may stay aboard more frequently than in the past.

Just a thought...what happens if you don't get the upgrade then Vibe is sold out?

34 minutes ago, SakeDad said:

Just a thought...what happens if you don't get the upgrade then Vibe is sold out?

Yup, thought of that. Possible

That's why I'd like input from you guys.  Pretty sure Vibe sells out before bid accepted/rejected.

4 hours ago, leithbones said:

vs.

Vibe @ $290pp

I just got off the Joy and booked my first Haven room. I wouldn’t do it again. I know there are lots of people who love it but for me the Haven area is too closed in and you don’t have open access to the outside on most of the loungers except for the sun deck.

The Haven sun deck was completely full on sea days I was unable to get a lounger and all seats were gone by 7 am. People got up at 530 am to secure seating on the sun deck. Also I didn’t like sitting in the enclosed area of the Haven (I like to see the ocean not frosted windows).  So I ended up sitting on my balcony to be outside and avoid the pool deck crowds. I have felt much less crowded in Vibe than I did in the Haven.

I have NEVER had a problem getting a lounger in Vibe and also the bar service is much better in Vibe than the Haven, there were many times in the Haven that drinks took upwards of 20 mins to arrive. The bar area is often crowded in the Haven and not crowded in Vibe. 

Also the music played on the Haven sun deck was annoying and even if there had been a seat I wouldn’t have liked listening to it or smelling the smoke from the smoking area in the front of the sun deck. 

While my stateroom was lovely and butler service was good sometimes the Haven restaurant was a flop for us. The food we found repetitive and boring and we ate elsewhere after trying eating there a few nights, the service wasn’t great and the food was just ok.

Personally I would book Vibe and some specialty dining. You will get the attentive service, space and good food for much less than the Haven and will be assured of getting everything you book. I know people may disagree but that is just my thoughts.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, BlushPell said:

I just got off the Joy and booked my first Haven room. I wouldn’t do it again. I know there are lots of people who love it but for me the Haven area is too closed in and you don’t have open access to the outside on most of the loungers except for the sun deck.

The Haven sun deck was completely full on sea days I was unable to get a lounger and all seats were gone by 7 am. People got up at 530 am to secure seating on the sun deck. Also I didn’t like sitting in the enclosed area of the Haven (I like to see the ocean not frosted windows).  So I ended up sitting on my balcony to be outside and avoid the pool deck crowds. I have felt much less crowded in Vibe than I did in the Haven.

I have NEVER had a problem getting a lounger in Vibe and also the bar service is much better in Vibe than the Haven, there were many times in the Haven that drinks took upwards of 20 mins to arrive. The bar area is often crowded in the Haven and not crowded in Vibe. 

Also the music played on the Haven sun deck was annoying and even if there had been a seat I wouldn’t have liked listening to it or smelling the smoke from the smoking area in the front of the sun deck. 

While my stateroom was lovely and butler service was good sometimes the Haven restaurant was a flop for us. The food we found repetitive and boring and we ate elsewhere after trying eating there a few nights, the service wasn’t great and the food was just ok.

Personally I would book Vibe and some specialty dining. You will get the attentive service, space and good food for much less than the Haven and will be assured of getting everything you book. I know people may disagree but that is just my thoughts.

I do not disagree.    For our February 2024 cruise on the Encore, my husband and I were going back and forth about reserving a Haven cabin. We decided on an extended club balcony cabin instead and reserved a Vibe cabana.   For me, the best part of Haven is the restaurant.   With four specialty dinners and one night doing the buffet (Super Bowl ), that left two dinners in the Haven and they are certainly not worth $5000+ to us.  

I also think that the Joy Haven sundeck does not have enough comfortable loungers.   Those funny shaped ones that are meant for two should be replaced with normal loungers and I think that would help finding an available lounger.   Just my opinion.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, leithbones said:

vs.

Vibe @ $290pp

Just got off the Getaway...we had a Spa Club Balcony and bought the Vibe pass.  After debating the same issues as you, we "pulled" our Haven bids a month before the cruise because we realized we had the best room with all the perks (spa, vibe, extra meals, etc.) that we needed.  This is the best approach on the Getaway.  The Getaway Haven is small.  If you are looking for an adult "sun deck", the Vibe is a better choice on that ship.   The Getaway Vibe is huge and was great for the days we had nice weather.  The Getaway Haven restaurant is small and doesn't have an outdoor space.  They setup tables in the courtyard to service everyone.  In short, I would not recommend the Haven on the Getaway if you are planning on spending time on-board and lounging. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, leithbones said:

vs.

Vibe @ $290pp

You have no way to know if you are going to get your upgrade.  Chances are pretty slim if you stick near the minimum.  My suggestion is book vibe now, place your bid and if you get your bid in time you may be able to get Vibe taken off and get credit for it.

• Like 1