Carnival Paradise for kids

Swa1981

Hi.  My husband and I are thinking of cruising on Paradise with my 5 & 7 year olds during their spring break.  They went on their first cruise last fall (not Carnival) and had a blast considering that ship has a big kids pool/splashpad, skating rink, etc.  I know that Paradise is a much smaller and older ship (although nicely updated), so I'm wondering how much there is for 2 kids to do over 4 days.  The Waterworks area seems pretty nice, along with the kids club.  Just want to make sure they stay busy so that the grown-ups can relax 🙂  Any other comments/suggestions?  Thanks in advance!

the paradise is a nice ship, but imo if your kids had a good time on another ship, they may be disappointed (and bored) on paradise. It does not have the bells and whistles of the newer ships, by any stretch of the imagination. 

This is fine for many people (including DW and I), but the design dates back to 1989-1990 if I remember right. If you are looking for a 'family friendly' atmosphere with lots of stuff for your kids to do, it isnt here. If a 4 day cruise is what you are looking at, the Royal Caribbean Freedom class (Freedom of the seas , Independence of the seas, liberty of the seas) and voyager class (Mariner / Explorer / Adventure of the seas) will likely be more to your (and their) liking.

I *will* say that IMO Carnival has better food, but RC has carnival beat in the activities in short cruises department.

Guest BasicSailor

I made the mistake of boarding this older fantasy class ship three, four weeks back. Just because it was a the last few of the lot). Bored with the entertainment as well as the food offered on the ship after day two. And I'm a person that's been on all the Fantasy class a few times.  I think you're better off choosing a different ship. Rip Fantasy class.