proper fins

mulder

I am looking around at fins. I saw this pair of fins by US Diver that are the Cozumel Split fin type. Here is the link. http://www.boatersworld.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&catalogId=10051&langId=-1&productId=13202641

I want some opinions on what people think about this split fin type of fin. I checked it out on about.com and they gave it a thumbs up. But how about anyone with knowledge. I am a total novice.

mulder,

A split fin is a good choice. I use a pair of Scuba Pro Twin Jet split fins for diving. The theory is that you get propulsion on every kick cycle up and down. I get greater movement and less fatigue in my legs.

Wife & I got new fins right before our cruise last month. She got Atomic Splitfins & I got Aeris Velocity Duo fins. Both performed excellent. Both of our previous fins were 20 years old and the improvement was dramatic. Much easier to accelerate, turn in tight spaces and hold position when taking photos. Mine were about a third lighter than hers though.

Mike

mulder,

A split fin is a good choice. I use a pair of Scuba Pro Twin Jet split fins for diving. The theory is that you get propulsion on every kick cycle up and down. I get greater movement and less fatigue in my legs.

I have the same ones. Mine are gray. Love them. Also have Tusa x-pert love thenm also. I glide through the water with ease.:)

Hi,

I have Apollo Split fins and they have held the speed and ease record for Scuba diving magazine for three years in a row. I actually have to think to fin slower so I don't get away from my dive buddy. But with that said, the main disadvantage is hovering and being stationary at the surface. While mine do a good job, any dive professional that has used both point out the superiority of solid fins for this. If you do a lot of photography where you have to remain still, solid is still the best choice. If you want to ease your effort finning and what to have the burst of speed when you need it, splits are the way to go. :)

Randall

Archived