Alaska Transfers

dilbertsdaddy

I added a transfer through X from Seward to ANC without thinking too much about it, I thought it would just be easier than booking through a third party (and I assume my bags will go from the hallway to the bus)?

I started thinking later about this and was wondering if they give an option to be dropped off downtown rather than the airport?  I've asked the travel agent this question and she can't seem to retrieve this info from Celebrity.  What is the normal process and when/how do I get information from X?  

We sailed last June on Millie Seward to Vancouver BC. I  rented a car for the 4 of us. We stayed 2 nights in Seward before boarding Millie. One way car rental added $250 to the cost. You have 3 options. Car rental, bus or train. Celebrity should have a train transfer that ends downtown Anchorage.

2 hours ago, bigbenboys said:

We sailed last June on Millie Seward to Vancouver BC. I  rented a car for the 4 of us. We stayed 2 nights in Seward before boarding Millie. One way car rental added $250 to the cost. You have 3 options. Car rental, bus or train. Celebrity should have a train transfer that ends downtown Anchorage.

If Celebrity offers an early morning train transfer in Seward that early morning train is a special charter and ends at the Anchorage airport.

The "regular" Alaska Railroad run departs Seward in the early evening and ends at the ARR downtown station (with no stop at the Anchorage airport).

• Thanks 1