Family Verandah on S class

Duanerice1

Hi all,

Looking to book a Family Verandah on the Equinox.  Silly question, does the master bedroom have a TV?  We like to watch a movie/TV late at night so for us it's kind of preferred to have a TV in the bedroom.   The reason I ask is any of the photos or videos I've seen don't really show the wall in the master so I can't tell.

Thanks!

12 hours ago, Duanerice1 said:

Hi all,

Looking to book a Family Verandah on the Equinox.  Silly question, does the master bedroom have a TV?  We like to watch a movie/TV late at night so for us it's kind of preferred to have a TV in the bedroom.   The reason I ask is any of the photos or videos I've seen don't really show the wall in the master so I can't tell.

Thanks!

We have been in the FVs on Solstice, Eclipse, and Reflection.  There is no TV in the MBR.  The only TV in that massive cabin is in the main living room area next to the desk.

05947A17-48DA-4AA3-8F89-6FB54D2762F0.thumb.jpeg.dc199c76456bbbc7f08b78c411c96669.jpeg

Master Bedroom, Reflection FV 8107, Jan 2019

Edited by mahdnc

1 minute ago, mahdnc said:

We have been in the FVs on Solstice, Eclipse, and Reflection.  There is no TV in the MBR.  The only TV in that massive cabin is in the main living room area next to the desk.

Thanks. Exactly what I needed.  We will take a pass I think. It was only a $200 more for the cruise but we like to lay in bed and chill. 

25 minutes ago, Duanerice1 said:

Thanks. Exactly what I needed.  We will take a pass I think. It was only a $200 more for the cruise but we like to lay in bed and chill. 

It is somewhat puzzling why Celebrity did not furnish those FVs with a 2nd TV so one could be put in the master bedroom.  Even the FVs on the older Millennium class ships had two TVs.

image.thumb.jpeg.a0f5686c81c13e9bb78533a7034c4054.jpeg

28 minutes ago, mparkin777 said:

Do you happen have a picture of the second/kids bedroom?  Do you know if the beds in that room are comparable in size to the master bedroom beds, when they are split apart?  Thank you.

Here is a photo of the 2nd bedroom.  The beds are in a bunk bed arrangement.  Our daughter always claimed that as her room while our son chose to sleep in the living room because he wanted to watch movies late at night while enjoying room service.

I know that the bunk bed had a weight/load limit printed on the side of the bed.  I cannot remember what the limit was but it wasn't crazy high such that you could ignore it.  I am sure that I took a photo of it in one of the earlier cruises and I will have to dig it out when I get home.

To answer your question, I believe that the beds in that room are a little smaller when compared to a normal single bed in a stateroom (stateroom bed that is "split apart" as you say).

image.thumb.jpeg.6e4d2b07e86a7e154080ab6d2d62f248.jpeg

image.jpeg.73eec2a92fdc68566383b64d0c61ea03.jpeg

Edited by mahdnc

Thank you very much for the picture and your information.  Were you happy with the room?  We have it book for an Alaskan Cruise this summer.  It has been hard finding information and reviews for this room, possible becasue there so few of them. 

1 hour ago, mparkin777 said:

Thank you very much for the picture and your information.  Were you happy with the room?  We have it book for an Alaskan Cruise this summer.  It has been hard finding information and reviews for this room, possible becasue there so few of them. 

A990E837-E98B-49C2-BF4C-00B7F274063E.jpe

Below are a few photo reviews that I did for our FV cabin aboard Reflection (Jan 2019) and Solstice (Dec 2019).

I have taken my family of four on 14 Celebrity cruises and we have always occupied one cabin.  For that reason, these FV cabins were the best by far which is why we sailed in them 6 times.  The S class FV allows you to book a multi-room cabin without having to pay for a suite.  Everyone had their own room to sleep and we could congregate in the common areas (living room, dining room, and balcony).  We could have our breakfast out on the balcony or on a proper table inside.  The cabin is a corner unit with windows or balcony glass door facing in two directions yielding two different views.  With the curtains drawn, the cabin would be bathed in light during the day time (although if the sun was shining directly into the cabin, it taxed the air conditioning units).  So to answer your question, yes--I really liked the cabin and it was a family favorite.

There are two drawbacks to consider:

1. Location--the cabin is located all the way forward.  This means there is more motion.  It also means that things get a little noisier early in the morning when the ship is dropping anchor.  Also the bridge wing extends over the FV balcony.  It obstructs a portion of the sky although I did not find that bothersome.

2. Bathroom--for a ginormous cabin this size capable of sleeping 4-5 people, it is outfitted with only one bathroom.  Furthermore, the bathroom is the standard sized bathroom you find in all the other non-suite staterooms.  For this reason, some families prefer to book connecting cabins so that they get 2 bathrooms even if the overall combined cabin size is smaller than an FV.

One other consideration which I mentioned in one of the reviews but it is worth repeating: the two FV cabins on Deck 7 are inferior to their Deck 8 counterparts above them.  The balcony of the Deck 7 FVs is significantly smaller and the views are obstructed by the ship's steel (it is hard to describe this further).  The Deck 8 FV balcony (above photo) is larger and it is actually longer/larger than a regular balcony cabin.  Although it has the same layout as the Deck 8 FV, the Deck 7 FV has a smaller cabin interior.

I would highly recommend this cabin for families that are looking to book one cabin.  The advantages greatly outweigh the disadvantages.  However I would be less enthusiastic about recommending this cabin for couples.  

Edited by mahdnc