Celebrating an anniversary

When doing our on-line check-in, there is a section where you can indicate if you are celebrating an anniversary, birthday, etc. You indicate what day you want to celebrate and who is celebrating. What is this? What do they do? Our 5th anniversary is the week before our cruise and my birthday 5 days after returning.

They bring a piece of cake to your table at dinner that nite...or you can order a cake for about $8..and they bring that...it will have a little thngie on it that says "congratuatlations" or "Happy Birthday" or the like.:)

When we recorded that we were on our honeymoon they didn't DO anything. I think that it is more a statistics thing.... they kept saying we have 103 honeymoon couples on board or something like that. I think that is where they get that number from...

Jen

Adventure of the Seas …. May 7

Jewel 2005

Explorer 2004

Voyager 2002

Monarch 1994

We have always told our travel agent and then she relays it to the cruiseline. Then they will deliver a small cake and sing for you. It is fun and a good photo opportunity. For your anniversary cruise be sure and get a nice formal portrait taken. On board they have a beautiful silver frame you can purchase with the photo. This way you have a lasting memory of the cruise and your special day.

The cake costs $8 so most likely your TA paid for it for you (so say Thank You).

If you want your anniversary to be recognized, even with a piece of cake and singing, make sure to tell the Maitre D. If you want more than a piece of cake, you have to order it (but again I would talk to the Maitre D to make sure he knows about it).

Archived