Alcohol in luggage possible?

charita

Do a search on smuggle and booze. You will find all the answers you can stand... Good luck.

Also, you can order booze up to one week ahead of time to be delivered to your room via Carnival Bon Voyage or wellwishersdotcom. You can only order it over the phone. Go to these sites to get theit phone number.

Do a search on smuggle and booze. You will find all the answers you can stand... Good luck.

Also, you can order booze up to one week ahead of time to be delivered to your room via Carnival Bon Voyage or wellwishersdotcom. You can only order it over the phone. Go to these sites to get theit phone number.

He is right..you will get more info than you bargained for...LOL

But for a quick answer, last year I bought 3 bottle of my favorite wine for dinner and a 1/2 gallon of Captain Morgans Porrot Bay Rum & two 2-liter bottles of soda to mix with it for drinking on our balcony late afternoon/early evening before dinner.

They do not have it on the ship and it was a good change of pace. :D

you will find that people have brought more and some less. It is all what you feel comfortable bringing. Just tip the guys well when you drop off your luggage in the port and it will be in your room undisturbed in a timely fashion

Ok , Eventhough most of you will think I am stupid I have to ask. When you drop off your luggage to the porter (usally seems to be just some guy working at the port) who is responsible for checking it through security and getting it to our rooms? I thought the porters (the people who take the bag from my trunk and take my tips) only took the bags to a room and drop it off so it then can go through x-ray and then to someone else who delivers it. Does the porter do all of this? One of the posts before this said to tip your porter and it will arrive safe and sound.:)

Thanks,

The Stupid one....

We put our gin & vodka in Lexan or Nalgene (the type sold at camping and hiking retailers) bottles then put each bottle in zip lock bag. That type of bottle also does not show on xray. For that matter if you are a clear fluids drinker just put it in a liter water bottle and carry it on. For brown fluids drinkers in an iced tea bottle. I just don't like to carry more than necessary.

I brought 2 bottles of booze in case my almost 21 y/o daughter/bf wanted a drink and were not served....just placed it in the original bottles in a big zipper clear plastic bag with my hairspray, mousse, frizz control, toothbrushes, shampoos, sunscreens etc...all my toiletries in one bag..and the booze made it on board no problem...even made it back home fine cuz we didnt drink it!

I always use one of those zippered bags that you get new sheets or bedding/curtains in at the store...I save those just for traveling. Then everything that goes in it goes in with a ziplock bag over it, and then it feels double protected. It works out to be about 10"X10" square and ALL of my potentially leaky stuff is placed there. Even if they x-rayed my bags there was probably 7-8 bottles of stuff in there I cant imagine the booze would have looked much different then the rest.

Ok , Eventhough most of you will think I am stupid I have to ask. When you drop off your luggage to the porter (usally seems to be just some guy working at the port) who is responsible for checking it through security and getting it to our rooms? I thought the porters (the people who take the bag from my trunk and take my tips) only took the bags to a room and drop it off so it then can go through x-ray and then to someone else who delivers it. Does the porter do all of this? One of the posts before this said to tip your porter and it will arrive safe and sound.:)

Thanks,

The Stupid one....

There aren't any stupid questions. ;) You are right. The porters only take your luggage from you and make sure it gets on the ship. Ship staff gets it to your cabin.

Thanks,

The Stupid one....

Maybe Kelz66 meant the porters wouldn't play shotput/basketball with your luggage.

Archived