Eidfjord canceled for Ulvik

HAL just informed us that due to operational reasons we will not be stopping at Eidfjord in May. Was booked on a tour to see Voringsfossen waterfall.  Is Ulvik near the end of the Hardangerfjord?  If so, more scenic cruising then?  Waiting to see if HAL is offering tours. Didn't really see any independent.

I have not been on either place, but quick look on a map reveals that Eidfjord is near the eastern end of the fjord system while Ulvik is more to the west, but it is at the end of a sidefjord, so the amount of fjord cruising should be quite comparable.

If you are really interested in seeing Vøringfossen, I presume it would be quite possible to go there also from Ulvik, although the trip will obviously take little longer since you are starting from the other side of the fjord, but if Google Maps is anywhere accurate it would be about 50 km in distance and 48 minute drive from Ulvik to Vøringfossen (and obviosly the same back). Also closer to Ulvik, there would be another waterfalls, Espelandsfossen. I don't know if you could arrange transportation from Ulvik to either waterfalls from the tour operator you booked or if there is any other alternatives, but then you have to remember that both Eidfjord (population 544 in 2019) and Ulvik (pop. 1067) are small villages.

• Thanks 1

Thank you.  I knew that Ulvik was a bit more populated.  I will look into possibly renting a car.  There was a cider tasting touring I saw, but we are there in mid-May and it starts in June.

I looked for car rentals and would need to go to Voss and there is no way to get there. 😞

Edited by Dancing Shoes