Guaranteed cabin question

AK Dreaming

I finally booked my cruise and since I waited so long I got a guaranteed club balcony.  I have never done this before.  I've always carefully picked my cabin.  My questions are when do you usually let you know your cabin?  Are we still able to bid on upgrades?  I know there is no definite date when they let us know but I was wondering about people's real life experiences.  We are 68 days out now.

1 hour ago, AK Dreaming said:

I finally booked my cruise and since I waited so long I got a guaranteed club balcony.  I have never done this before.  I've always carefully picked my cabin.  My questions are when do you usually let you know your cabin?  Are we still able to bid on upgrades?  I know there is no definite date when they let us know but I was wondering about people's real life experiences.  We are 68 days out now.

I booked a cruise for this weekend at 21 days out (so booked and did my check in the same day).  I received my guaranteed cabin number within a week and am quite happy with the location (mid ship, deck 12). I also got an offer to upgrade the day after that.  I did bid on a Haven cabin, even though I know the Haven is sold out (you just never know). I did not bid on a Club Balcony Suite as there was only one showing available and it was on deck 9.  

Enjoy your cruise.

We booked direct through NCL on Feb 3rd for Feb 26 cruise - chose BF GTY balcony to save $$ (had very limited inventory but could choose a room from limited options if willing to pay lots more) - noticed room assigned on 8th - B4 - but right in front of elevators - noisy? - put bid in for spa balcony - no word yet....

10 hours ago, Melloinvt said:

We booked direct through NCL on Feb 3rd for Feb 26 cruise - chose BF GTY balcony to save $$ (had very limited inventory but could choose a room from limited options if willing to pay lots more) - noticed room assigned on 8th - B4 - but right in front of elevators - noisy? - put bid in for spa balcony - no word yet....

I always book as close to deck 8 as possible and as close to elevators as possible. Everyone is different but I would not like being in the middle of the ship away from elevators   

• Like 1