Bottled Liquor setups?

mfs2k

5 hours ago, mfs2k said:

Can I order a bottle of bourbon from Virgin and have it set up in my cabin with glassware? 

If so, is there a bottled liquor price list available somewhere? 

You can definitely order a bottle from the bars and yes you can request glassware from your room stewards.  If you're in a Suite you'll have the full bar, cocktail tools and glassware in your cabin. 

• Like 1

On 2/18/2023 at 9:39 AM, jon81uk said:

You can order bottles at the bars. It might be possible to order via room service too, they have bottles of wine on the room service menu. 

i'm on now - confirming that liquors aren't on the room service menu (full bottles and half bottles of wine are, as are the premixed canned cocktails - waaayyy too sweet for my palate!).

• Like 2

Keep in mind these are half bottles of spirits, 375ml, not 750. So you are paying 3 or 4 times the price for that bottle as you would at home. We bring one or two bottles of wine with us by transferring it from our checked back to our carry ons. Then with the bar credit, there hasn't been a need to buy liquor on the ship. I imagine if you have "freebies" like more sailor loot or a $600 bar tab, splurging on a bottle wouldn't be a crazy idea. But a $65 bottle of Avion Tequila works out to about 6 mixed drinks or shots at the bars where shots can be a inexpensive as $7 and drinks $10.

13 minutes ago, fndecker said:

Keep in mind these are half bottles of spirits, 375ml, not 750. So you are paying 3 or 4 times the price for that bottle as you would at home.

That’s the same whenever you drink in a bar or restaurant though, it will always be more than retail price.

But the house spirits are usually $7 a time for what I assume is a 50ml measure so you’d get about 7.5 from a 375ml bottle saving around $7 by buy purchasing the $45 bottle. 

Edited by jon81uk
  • Like 1