OBSERVATIONS FROM THE POOP DECK SEASCAPE FEB19-26 2023

morpheusofthesea

@morpheusoftheseathanks for the great report! I always enjoy your live reviews and somehow missed this one until today! 

Last year I recommended MSC to my brother, SIL and adult niece and they were also on this sailing but in two adjoining balconies on 13. 

I’m so happy (and relieved) to report that they had a fantastic cruise!

They had only been on 1 cruise 20 yrs ago and that was Disney so they really had no idea what to expect. 

Needless to say they loved the ship. They loved the food and drink and of course OC. 

That makes me very happy! ☺️0

Can’t wait to read your next review on the HAL boards! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

I would like nothing better than to spend time extolling the virtues of the Yacht Club and particular YC individuals deserving of praise, but must waste my time bringing to attention the abuse using the Yacht Club at the expense of paying guests. Nothing will ever be done because those tasked with implementing any restrictions are the ones abusing them.

Like other have already said, thanks so much for your detailed and lighthearted review.

As to the above.  If shipboard staff are enriching themselves by brokering YC access onboard, that's pretty serious and corporate will not take something like that lightly.  If it's officers and senior staff letting their friends and family in pro bono, that's a gray area and may be something corporate's aware of.  Corporate may even do some of it themselves.  

Regardless, you said the YC was full which means staff and service were already strained.  The YC on the Seascape holds 262 in double occupancy.  Adding 50 non-YC "guests" is adding 20% more bodies that need to be served.  Whoever onboard was making these decisions was pretty cavalier about the impact to paying YC guests.  Like you, I'd be none too pleased.