Housekeeping moving to once a day?

Donsyb

3 minutes ago, czrunner said:
You probably don't care, but what about all the water and electricity you use by washing your towels after each use?  Do you do your laundry and vacuum during off-peak hours (e.g. late an night)?  Perhaps we are a little more sensitive to the water and electricity use here in Southern California.

Per the Oxford Dictionary.
noun: sustainability
  1. the ability to be maintained at a certain rate or level.
    "the sustainability of economic growth"at
    • avoidance of the depletion of natural resources in order to maintain an ecological balance.
      "the pursuit of global environmental sustainability"

Two things:

1.  We don't have "Time of use Electricity" here in Alabama (Alabama Power).  It costs the same to use my washer/dryer at 5:00 PM as it does at 5:00 AM.  I pay on average $18.00 a month for water and that includes garbage and trash, unlimited, pick-up, one or twenty garbage containers, one cardboard box or 50 of them, tree limbs, grass cuttings, whatever.  And we don't recycle or it isn't mandatory.  I can't and won't get into the politics of why I don't live in CA, and I have.  It's prohibited here. 

2.  I'm a little educated and know full well what "Sustainability" means as it pertains to business financial and policy issues.  What I'm talking about is what corporations have morphed the meaning into and it was also a little tongue in cheek.  And the Oxford Dictionary is only one source.  Websters doesn't mention anything about "ecological" balance.  https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sustainable.  

• Thanks 1

While not including the word "ecological", the Webster definition is very similar to the Oxford dictionary.

I don't care about politics, but I really don't understand how your water bill relates to the garbage collection.

6 minutes ago, czrunner said:

While not including the word "ecological", the Webster definition is very similar to the Oxford dictionary.

I don't care about politics, but I really don't understand how your water bill relates to the garbage collection.

1.  I live in Oxford Alabama, not Oxford England.  So, I'll stick to the U.S. dictionaries.  

2.  I don't know how or why they are related either, and I don't care.  I do know that in most places I've lived the Water bill included a separate line for sewer and another for garbage/trash pickup. My point of bringing it up is to show how cheap the cost of living is here in Alabama and how carefree it is.  I don't worry about having to pay for "Time of Use" electrical rates, I just use it and don't care about the time of day, and I don't have to worry about expensive water and trash pickup.  But, here in Oxford, I'm on a Septic system.  BTW, my electric bill is $113.00 per month on the budget billing program and has been for about a year now.