Flights by Celebrity currency issues

1Virgo

we have used FBC multiple times, and until now, only had praise. Their prices were great. Service great

Not this time!.   Flying out of Canada to Miami and after repositioning cruise, flying from  a different port home. FBC agent, when I said I did not want standard economy but pay for upgraded class, said couldnt be done.  ( I had looked online and there were seats that included in the air fare, seat selection and baggage. ).   On a page from FBC, it said I had to call Air Canada directly to do and pay for seat selection.   Once the tickets issued, I pulled up our reservation on AC website.   All prices for seat selection now in US currency.  Cruise paid for in Canadian.   Air Canada said FBC changed the currency to US.    After a very long time, AC agent able to bypass and do seat selection in Canadian dollars but I needed to have FBC rectify

Called FBC to verify Canadian and get changed to Canadian on file.  Oh, this agent said he could upgrade my seat.  But I ve already paid for seat selection.   He confirmed everything in Canadian

Today, logged into AC and it is still showing US dollars.  My baggage fees, leaving from Canada have US $ charge.  AC says FBC needs to fix.   Called FBC, asked to speak to supervisor.   She was very condescending and rude.   

If I had booked flights myself through Air Canada I would have saved us about $400.  

( and before I get jumped on, Having grown up with parent working for airline, bro, friends agents and ex was a pilot, I know how the system works)

We are very disappointed.  So if you are departing from Canada, watch the currency

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Would you mind providing an update on how to change an Air Canada flight booking by FBC from USD to Canadian dollars? I am having this problem and FBC cannot seem to correct it, despite me specifically requesting the booking be in CAD and paying in CAD.