Menus On The Mercury

OPPIE2003

I do not have the menus and I was not in Alaska but the menus last week were in vinyl folders and were different than on Summit in November. The food was OK but not spectacular. I find more and more that the entrees look nice but after finishing the "dish" (beef, fish etc.) of the day, vegetables and decorations were for show only. Seldom were they worth the calories to consume.

Thank You But Jeffs Cruises Were In 1998 , And The Menus Have Changed. Right? Are They The Same Today As They Were Then? Someone Must Know If They Had Dinner On The Mercury? Ok What Did You Eat? Did You Like It? Do You Remember What You Had? Was It That Bad ? What?

Larry

We cruised on the Mercury last August. We are sailing her again in June. We decided to sail her again because my 71 year old mother is going with us and we had such a wonderful experience on Mercury that I didn't want to risk another ship. We thought the dinners were wonderful and the wait staff could not have been better. This was our first cruise so I have no other ships to compare to but I can't imagine any being better.

Kay

if the earlier poster was on Mercury recently & the menus were in vinyl (faux leather?) folders, then they've changed since our cruise last August -- the menus have varied somewhat around the fleet; we got the updated menus with the "folder" holders in December 2004 on Millennium, but not on Mercury last August. Anyway, one thing I hope they kept with the apparent menu switchover is the special dinner on the ship's long night in Juneau -- many people missed early seating dinner that night and missed quite a treat -- crab legs! Haven't had those on any of our five other X cruises so far ... TR

Archived