What is this on the deck plan for Edge class?

westscot

First time (soon to be) cruiser. Just wondering what the narrow gap is on the deck plan when looking at Aqua Class staterooms for Edge Class series of ships? Located between rooms 9305 and 9307, and also between 9302 and 9304. See photo. Also noticed a narrower one between 9317 and 9319, and 9314 and 9316. Does anyone know what this is exactly? I’m wondering if need to avoid it or whatever. Thanks!

DF808B99-A727-43FD-A737-B4D62055AF80.thumb.jpeg.dae8c07c10801352f27b6c94d604b8ba.jpeg

Edited by westscot
Added info

1 hour ago, westscot said:

Thank you. Are there any pro’s or con’s with this asides from the obvious of potentially more protected from a fire that occurs in the adjacent stateroom, eg more or less sound to be expected?

To be on the safe side, we always choose a cabin with a cabin on either side. Deck plans are not exactly accurate and some "blank" spaces can be noisy steward cleaning closets, crew stairwells, etc.

Although it probably is a firewall like Westscot says, I wouldn't trust that the gap is really a firewall unless I laid eyes on it during a cruise.

Edited by 2chiefs
  • Like 1