Quick Destiny Questions

1) Is there a chocolate buffet?

2) Is there High Tea?

3)When are the formal nights?

4)When is the best time to board?

5) Anyone go thru Carnival for the excursions?

I know there is a thread but I do not have the time to go through the 400 plus pages.

I know there is a thread but I do not have the time to go through the 400 plus pages.

I'll try to answer the best I can:

1 - Chocolate buffet - haven't seen it yet personally, though a recent cruiser mentioned something about it being on Saturday.

2 - High Tea? Not my thing, not really sure.

3 - Formal nights. THIS ONE I KNOW!! Tuesday (Dominica) and Thursday (Fun Day at Sea).

4 - Best time to board - Again, not sure. We've been at the ship around 2:30 or so, and haven't waited more than 30 minutes to go through the whole process from walking in the front door to being up on the Lido deck having our first drink.

5 - Excursions. Lots of people book through Carnival. We never have. Some people don't book any excursions at all. This part is totally up to you.

You don't have to read the whole 400 pages of the thread. Just go back about 10-15 pages and then start reading. If you have a question about something, write it down and keep reading. Chances are the answer will be there. Lots of the posts are idle chit chat and easy to get through.

Hope this helps some.

1) Is there a chocolate buffet?

2) Is there High Tea?

3)When are the formal nights?

4)When is the best time to board?

5) Anyone go thru Carnival for the excursions?

I didn't hear of high tea, or chocolate buffet. Previous poster correct about formal nights. I got there at 2:30, expecting a huge line, but no more than 30 min to board. I did go through carnival excursions. I personally thought they were a waste. Too much time was wasted in them I thought. Try and see what you can do for yourself. For instance, many tours in Barbados are owned by Adventue tours, (I think that was the name of it) and use Beno (he can be found on the dominica boards) for dominica, for a wonderful dominica experience. Don't do the st. john island tour in st thomas. take the ferry yourself. the tour itself through carnival is a joke.

an 18 year old kid guide...

OH. Destiny my favorite Carnival ship!!!

Yes there is a Chocolate buffet, but to get technical, it is not all choclate, it is also cakes, cookies, pies, fruit, jello and anything else you shouldn't ~~be eating at midnight just looks the the Gala midnight buffet in the Capers.

~~Yes they do have tea time -also check capers for time.

~~Captains cocktail party is tuesday and formal is thursday

~~either start standing in line about 11:30am or wait until late afternoon

~~We went on a Carnival excursion exactly 1 time and will never do it again, they try to pack as many people on the excursionas they possibly can. local operateors have much smaller more personable groups.

Archived