Visa for Saudi Arabia

Ovsa

What is the latest for visa requirements to visit the port of Jeddah for just the day from the MSC  ship?  Are they issuing free Maritime e-visas or how much does it cost? All I can find are transit visas application.  Thanks

My daughter and her husband and 2 children are on a short MSC cruise out of Egypt to Jeddah (March 25 - March 29).  They have flights the same afternoon they arrive on the ship from Jeddah to Dubai.  It seems like they will each need a visa (or maritime visa) which costs approx. $200 Cdn. a person ($800 for the family).  Seems ridiculous ... getting off the ship and going directly to the airport and a visa is required.  They'll apply for the visa (electronically) while on board the ship.  Maybe there's a chance their passports will be stamped showing just a transfer is required. 

yes, i have heard that...but they are traveling from seport to airport so I think that might be different than just a port visit for part of the day. Thier visa web site does not specify the difference. I avoided the Cruise to S,A>. mostly for that reason.  thanks