Mariner with kids

Swa1981

We are planning a cruise with extended family around Thanksgiving.  I have a 5 year old and 7 year old.  We have previously sailed on Independence and the kids loved it...there was so much for them to do, especially with Splashaway Bay.  They spent hours there!  It seems that Mariner has a lot of the same stuff as Independence, but without Splashaway Bay.  Is there something similar on Mariner?  I'm just trying to get an idea of what kids that age do since most of the other features seem the same as Independence.  I know Mariner is in drydock but it seems to be for some smaller tech related items.  Thanks in advance!

Edited by Swa1981

Although they don't have a splashaway bay I think they kids will still have a great time! I'm not sure of the age requirements but they have many water slides and the Sky Pad. Otherwise it has mostly everything that the Independence has. The ships are almost identical except the Independence (Freedom class) is a "stretch" version of the Mariner (Voyager class). We love both the Voyager and the Freedom classes the most. Right in the middle in terms of size.

It does not have splashaway bay. My kids were in the pool or hot tubs, along with lots of other kids over Christmas.  It does have 2 water slides, but it was chilly so my kids were not interested in standing in line in the cold.  They have a few swings and the climbing play thing and a the trampoline (I do think there is a weight minimum).