Safe Deposit Box and Fitness Lockers

Are there any other secure places to store things besides the room safe? The website says there are safe deposit boxes available. It's first come/first serve, and you must go to Guest Services to get a key. Has anyone ever done this? Do you need to wait in line for Guest Services each time you want to access your box? Can this be requested in advance?

Has anyone used the lockers in the fitness room? Are there any restrictions on when or how long you can use a locker?

7 hours ago, Sizzlechest said:

Are there any other secure places to store things besides the room safe? The website says there are safe deposit boxes available. It's first come/first serve, and you must go to Guest Services to get a key. Has anyone ever done this? Do you need to wait in line for Guest Services each time you want to access your box? Can this be requested in advance?

Has anyone used the lockers in the fitness room? Are there any restrictions on when or how long you can use a locker?

I've never tried to use the safe deposit boxes onboard myself but I have used the gym/fitness lockers.  You need to get the key from the fitness/spa desk.  You give them your seapass card and they give you a key.  When you're done, you give key and they return your card.  

With that being said, I've used the room's safe many times and have never had an issue.

I'm sure the safe deposit boxes available through guest services is a carryover from the glory days when passengers wore their fine jewelry to dinner each night.  And rarely used today with the digital safes in each cabin.  However, they might still actually have them.  I'm also very sure that you WOULD have to wait in line at guest services each time you wanted to access your box.  There have been no public area safe deposit boxes on any ship that I have seen.  I would imagine they take you to a room behind the desk somewhere with the boxes, if they still offer them.

5 minutes ago, Sizzlechest said:

Nobody has ever done this? Can someone on board go to check?

I will check in two weeks for you and see if they need insurance as well to cover the expensive items that would need to be stored in a safe deposit box.

I think in the 1950’s and 60’s it might have been an option

We normally put our Cartier and Hublot watches in the common room safe 

But might be a good idea to secure at GS in the future 😉

Edited by PompeySailor

• 2 weeks later...