Any recent CC’ers cruise on Pearl and use Splash Academy?

styles27

• 1 month later...

Hello! We just got off the Pearl from Bermuda 3/31-4/7 sailing. I’ll take a picture of the Splash Academy schedule and post here when I get home (paper is in my suitcase). But basically, while at sea, kids club drop off was only available 9-12pm, 2-4pm, and 7-11pm. During port days, it was only open for 2 hours and no drop off available. 

My kids 6 and 4 loved the awesome Splash Academy team and made lots of friends. Your grandson will love it! 

Another note, the Freestyle Daily said it’s first come first served so we registered the kids soon as we could. Splash Academy opened at 4pm embarkation day and there were people already lined up outside. It’s located 12th floor aft next to Garden Cafe. 

• 1 month later...
On 4/7/2023 at 10:21 AM, jannie711 said:

Another note, the Freestyle Daily said it’s first come first served so we registered the kids soon as we could. Splash Academy opened at 4pm embarkation day and there were people already lined up outside. It’s located 12th floor aft next to Garden Cafe. 

We are going with family in August, and plan to sign my 6 year old niece up for Splash Academy.   We are concerned in late August there will still be lots of kids even though some schools will have started.  Does it actually fill up and turn kids away ?  If it opens at 4pm that seems to give everyone a fair chance, I saw somewhere that it opened at 11am for sign ups. 

Yes, it definitely fills up and they will turn families away once they reach capacity. A line begins forming before opening time. Plan to get there 15-20 minutes before the doors open if your child really wants to go. I can’t remember the exact times they were open (and it was never open for drop off on port days) but I want to say it was available for 2 morning hours, break for lunch, 2 afternoon hours, break, then evening hours.  Search for recent Dailies that may show the times. 

4 hours ago, JCMass. said:

saw somewhere that it opened at 11am for sign ups. 

They don't limit the amount of sign ups. The kids are given a wristband to indicate you signed their waiver and best handled before SA opens. The first day at 4 the line moves slow because of the parents who don't take care of it ahead of time 😒.

I'm not sure on the Pearl, but the Jewel had approx 600 kids but only capacity for 64 during spring break. We were able to get in most of the time as long as we showed up 20-30 min prior. 

4 minutes ago, carohs said:

They don't limit the amount of sign ups. The kids are given a wristband to indicate you signed their waiver and best handled before SA opens. The first day at 4 the line moves slow because of the parents who don't take care of it ahead of time 😒.

I'm not sure on the Pearl, but the Jewel had approx 600 kids but only capacity for 64 during spring break. We were able to get in most of the time as long as we showed up 20-30 min prior. 

Can you sign up before it opens on embarkation day ?   

53 minutes ago, JCMass. said:

Can you sign up before it opens on embarkation day ?   

It's open for sign up on embarkation not sure what time, but not open for drop off until 4pm or later. It'll be on the daily. 

• 4 weeks later...

Another Splash Academy question.  I saw some recent pictures and could not find the kids pool, or any of the nice tables, chairs etc. that on some of the ships.  Just saw an empty room with windows and one small table with a couple of kids chairs.  Has anyone been there this summer ?