Help me choose a cabin please

cruiseruth49

Hi, please can you advice me on where to choose a cabin I am a bit over whelmed. To keep the cost down it has to be an inside cabin the cheapest grade, the ship will be Arvia, I get seasick and have read many times I should get a cabin mid ship and low down. Would mid aft and mid forward count as middle of the ship?

Looking on P&O website (and another website with colour coded deck plans) the cabins available mid ship are on deck 4, 5, 9 and 15. Deck 15 would definitely by to high.

My questions are:

Is deck 9 too high if trying to avoid sickness?

What would be below deck 4 as there just a white space,  would it be staff cabins or engines, machinery etc?

On deck 5 the cabins are below restaurants, the 6th street diner and the olive grove, should I avoid these?

On deck 9 the cabins above Keel and Cow and I think it's the atrium.

Any help with where to avoid, above or below what to avoid (mind you as I'm looking at the cheapest cabins they are probably all above, below or next to something not so great but any advice would be great thanks. 

Thanks

39 minutes ago, cruiseruth49 said:

Hi, please can you advice me on where to choose a cabin I am a bit over whelmed. To keep the cost down it has to be an inside cabin the cheapest grade, the ship will be Arvia, I get seasick and have read many times I should get a cabin mid ship and low down. Would mid aft and mid forward count as middle of the ship?

Looking on P&O website (and another website with colour coded deck plans) the cabins available mid ship are on deck 4, 5, 9 and 15. Deck 15 would definitely by to high.

My questions are:

Is deck 9 too high if trying to avoid sickness?

What would be below deck 4 as there just a white space,  would it be staff cabins or engines, machinery etc?

On deck 5 the cabins are below restaurants, the 6th street diner and the olive grove, should I avoid these?

On deck 9 the cabins above Keel and Cow and I think it's the atrium.

Any help with where to avoid, above or below what to avoid (mind you as I'm looking at the cheapest cabins they are probably all above, below or next to something not so great but any advice would be great thanks. 

Thanks

In all honesty I personally don't notice the difference whether I am forward, Aft or mid. Although many will say mid is where you should aim for if you are a bit queezy if it's rough. Funnily enough me and the wife go on a cruise shortly and I booked a forward cabin. But due to what I believe to be in the event of covid cases and isolation we have been moved down a couple of decks to a mid location cabin.

I'm also not the best sailor so completely understand you're concerns. It's all about degrees really, if the ship is moving everything is moving regardless of where you are, but some areas are slightly better than others. We've found that anything above deck 10 or 11 can be a bit worse but not by much, I tend to avoid the Crows Nest in rough weather, anything mid-ships (Forward or Aft) will be the most stable and deck's 4 & 5 the least affected when the ship is rolling. Unless you are exceptionally sensitive you shouldn't worry too much, Arvia & Iona are very large ships and I've found traveling on larger ships mostly nothing to worry about, our last two cruises we had deck 5 first then deck 12 & I didn't notice much difference in overall movement, just take something along with you in case of need e.g. travel sickness tablets / bands / etc.. Some will swear having a window helps, but I find it tends to make things worse, so traveling in an inside cabin, something we do more often than not, can be a blessing.

When you say that you get sea-sick, what size ship/boat has that been on?

There is simply no comparison with, say, a cross-channel ferry.

Most people are simply unaware that the cruise ship is under way for most of the time. I think you may be pleasantly surprised!