Qm2 Captain

mc-cruiser

• 2 months later...

Commodore Warwick's last cruise on QM2 was the Feb. 25 to Mar. 8 Royal Hawaiin Liner voyage. I did not know the Commodore was onboard until I heard him paged. After returning home after the cruise, a friend told me that cruise was his retirement cruise and he and his wife disembarcked in Hawaii as they live there. Captain Bernard Warner was at the helm during this Royal Hawaiin Liner cruise.

Commodore Warwick's last cruise on QM2 was the Feb. 25 to Mar. 8 Royal Hawaiin Liner voyage. I did not know the Commodore was onboard until I heard him paged. After returning home after the cruise, a friend told me that cruise was his retirement cruise and he and his wife disembarcked in Hawaii as they live there. Captain Bernard Warner was at the helm during this Royal Hawaiin Liner cruise.

The Commodore and his wife, Kim, were scheduled to take a small vacation in Hawaii- I think it was three weeks. We were helping them find a place to stay, as her mother is frail and has a one bedroom apartment. (Marc's brother had just returned from Hawaii a few weeks before we were on board, Marc was born there and his brother lived there a while) They have a home in England. It is Kim's mother who lives in Hawaii. She tells me she is originally from Oklahoma- Cherokee- Western Band. (I am part Eastern Band) The Commodore was due to return to the ship, but I've heard varying accounts of whether or if he will resume command before his official retirement. I beleive he is scheduled to do some presentation at the maritme museum on the Fourth of July cruise, and some have said he will be in command for his last or next to last cruise.

A rather nice tribute, I think, no matter what happened in Ft Lauderdale, or who (if anyone) was at fault. One, (rather public) mistake should not ruin an otherwise stellar career.

Just MHO, and the things I have heard, some from him or Kim directly.

Karie,

Who thinks we should have a Cherokee Indian Ball! Or at least the Corn Festival or the dance of the grass people!

Archived