GSC, Lagoon and Ocean villa at Silver Cove same price?

tgloersen

Hi All,

Im booking excursions for our upcoming cruise with a stop at GSC.  NCL is showing the same price for Lagoon and Ocean villas at SIlver Cove.  Priced at $899.

Has anyone else experieicned this?  Last time i booked a Ocean villa it was a few hunderd cheaper.  Now showing same price?  Mistake?

Interesting - 

When we booked for April, the lagoon ("bedrooms") were 400-300$ (I believe 800$ vs 1200$) more than the ocean villas at Silver Cove. We don't need the bedroom or the larger space, we just love the location and service. Honestly...not sure which location we'd choose if offered at same price but did love the ocean villas the last time we were on GSC before the bedroomed-locations were opened. 

I know daily prices are affected by competition - that is, if more than one ship at the island. It's strange that the pricing for larger vs smaller is inconsistent however.

Warmest, Amy

13 hours ago, amygutman said:

Interesting - 

When we booked for April, the lagoon ("bedrooms") were 400-300$ (I believe 800$ vs 1200$) more than the ocean villas at Silver Cove. We don't need the bedroom or the larger space, we just love the location and service. Honestly...not sure which location we'd choose if offered at same price but did love the ocean villas the last time we were on GSC before the bedroomed-locations were opened. 

I know daily prices are affected by competition - that is, if more than one ship at the island. It's strange that the pricing for larger vs smaller is inconsistent however.

Warmest, Amy

Yes very weird, I have personally never been.  Not sure $750 with our discounts are worth it for a top from 10Am until 5PM?  What are your thoughts?

4 minutes ago, tgloersen said:

Yes very weird, I have personally never been.  Not sure $750 with our discounts are worth it for a top from 10Am until 5PM?  What are your thoughts?

Are Cabanas still available. They are priced lower, due to differences in location and amenities.

(Totally different experience! But, maybe an option.)

46 minutes ago, tgloersen said:

If mobility is an issue, and you don’t have a large group, I would book the ocean villas.  They are closer to the food and the rest of the island.  

It would depend on how crowded the ship was and what the weather was like if it is worth it to me.   

On 3/1/2023 at 10:16 AM, tgloersen said:

Hi All,

Im booking excursions for our upcoming cruise with a stop at GSC.  NCL is showing the same price for Lagoon and Ocean villas at SIlver Cove.  Priced at $899.

Has anyone else experieicned this?  Last time i booked a Ocean villa it was a few hunderd cheaper.  Now showing same price?  Mistake?

The only difference between the two is which way the cabana faces.

20 hours ago, tgloersen said:

Our ship lists a 11 hour "day" there (hopefully), and historically we spend about 8 hours in the cabana.

With our discounts (both from NCL and our TA), it's about 625$. Expensive - yup. It's our only "excursion" for the cruise and we usually find someone nice to share with. The pure luxury of the area - great service, clean toilet, shower, no worries about phones / cash etc (personal safe), not having to rent floaties, and great food make it worth it to us. The beach area is beautify, never crowded and truly relaxing. 

It's definitely a personal choice though, and a pricey one at that. But we love it...so to us it's worth every penny. 

Warmest, Amy

• Like 1