Did I get lucky with Atlantis (Nassau)???

bbrady413

So I'm going on a 4 day cruise on Royal Caribbean in April. One of the days is in Nassau. I've been checking excursions, one of them being Atlantis. The typical day pass (resort only, no swimming with the dolphins or anything special) has been typically at least $200 per person to get in. 

So today, I found Atlantis Aquaventure posted for $64 per person??? Seems ridiculously low, but I booked it, and sure enough that's what was charged. Going to the Atlantis website, its still like $200 per person. Whats up with this? Did Royal make an error and I got lucky? Insane one day sale? 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So I just got an email saying they messed up and didn’t charge enough, so anyone who booked Atlantis when it was discounted has now had their excursion canceled. And Atlantis is now over $300 per person, which is way more than the $200 it was charging a few weeks ago. But at least they gave a $50 credit. 😤

What nonsense. They made the mistake, and they should just eat it. We canceled our Blue Lagoon excursion to book Atlantis, and now that excursion is way more expensive. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, bbrady413 said:

So I just got an email saying they messed up and didn’t charge enough, so anyone who booked Atlantis when it was discounted has now had their excursion canceled. And Atlantis is now over $300 per person, which is way more than the $200 it was charging a few weeks ago. But at least they gave a $50 credit. 😤

What nonsense. They made the mistake, and they should just eat it. We canceled our Blue Lagoon excursion to book Atlantis, and now that excursion is way more expensive. 

I am waiting on a call back right now. They should honor it.  That was almost a WEEK ago, and the price was available all day.  Not our fault they undercharged and didn't discover their mistake.  I am going to fight to get the excursion back and at the original price I paid if they won't honor it.  That is the only excursion we have booked on the cruise and the one place we wanted to go.  Now over $300 AND it's sold out for our cruise!  So now we lose it altogether?  The OBC doesn't help with that

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, sandym718 said:

I am waiting on a call back right now. They should honor it.  That was almost a WEEK ago, and the price was available all day.  Not our fault they undercharged and didn't discover their mistake.  I am going to fight to get the excursion back and at the original price I paid if they won't honor it.  That is the only excursion we have booked on the cruise and the one place we wanted to go.  Now over $300 AND it's sold out for our cruise!  So now we lose it altogether?  The OBC doesn't help with that

Let me know what happens. We’re pissed about this. And we can’t book anything else that day because the Atlantis excursion is still in our cruise planner. They currently have a sale on going that ends Wednesday, so we probably won’t even be able to book anything. This is so wrong. 

Just now, bbrady413 said:

I’m reading on other boards that this $50 credit is per person??? If that’s the case, that’s a pretty good mea culpa from Royal. Nothing has shown up in my account yet. 

I'm talking with someone now and on hold.  Nothing is showing up for me either, the excursion is still there.  The credit would be nice for their mistake, but only if I can get Atlantis back!  And right now the (sold out) price is $100 more pp than I originally booked at.  

It's $250 pp at Atlantis directly.  No transportation of course but we probably would've taken a cab back anyways so not a big deal.  If we can get 50 pp credit...it would basically balance out to what we had originally paid with a little extra towards transportation.  But I need to see if the day pass through Atlantis can be cancelled if we don't dock for some reason.  That is why I booked through RC to begin with 

6 minutes ago, sandym718 said:

It's $250 pp at Atlantis directly.  No transportation of course but we probably would've taken a cab back anyways so not a big deal.  If we can get 50 pp credit...it would basically balance out to what we had originally paid with a little extra towards transportation.  But I need to see if the day pass through Atlantis can be cancelled if we don't dock for some reason.  That is why I booked through RC to begin with 

We definitely can’t swing $309 PP for Atlantis. That’s what makes this cancellation so sucky. 

I basically got nowhere.  She said that the excursion is being held as Sold Out now until they cancel all the "Glitch" bookings.  She could not tell me when it would become available again or how much it would be.  Said I could try calling again when it's available to see if they would honor my original price.  Honestly, as long as they do the 50 pp credit, I could go up to $257.99 pp and still be exactly where I was to begin with.  Anything higher than that though and I'll be calling and trying to get my original price back.   Very frustrating but I guess I have to wait for them to cancel it and work it out.  I'm not cancelling it myself because then wouldn't get the OBC I'd assume.  Worst case, I guess I'll book direct through Atlantis.  I am not a patient person lol, so waiting this out will be tough!

1 hour ago, bbrady413 said:

This! Totally agree. 

Wow! This is bad!

My sail is in 4 days, I haven't received the email yet and I hope I don't get it.  Why should I have to pay for someone else mistakes? $50 does nothing to help with my plans. It would be terrible to mess with my plans when nothing else is available in this short notice. 

20 minutes ago, carlosalonsor said:

This! Totally agree. 

Wow! This is bad!

My sail is in 4 days, I haven't received the email yet and I hope I don't get it.  Why should I have to pay for someone else mistakes? $50 does nothing to help with my plans. It would be terrible to mess with my plans when nothing else is available in this short notice. 

Hopefully you’ll be lucky since it’s so last minute and they’ll honor for your cruise 

• Like 1