Photos from Radiance 2/26 Cruise

Great pictures! What was the weather like? We are going in two weeks on the Radiance, and I have heard the weather has not been cooperating.

Also, what night is the midnight buffet? Did you go to CocoCay?

Thanks

You got on the ship day we got off - how was the eastern? It looked a bit stormy on Sunday? How was the weather?

Very rocky the first night and day out. DH and I were the only 2 at a table of 12 to make it to dinner. The Captain announced during the muster drill that we would not be going to cococays but would be heading around the gulf stream that was causing the rocking and going to San Juan instead. So, instead of the first full day being at Cococay we spent the first day at sea and the 2nd day in San Juan (Old Town). They put together excursions for San Juan and sold them on Monday. On the day we were in St. Thomas they cancelled the St. John Beach party due to high waves and refunded the money. In St. Maarten, the undertow was also quite strong and we had quite a bit of wind (and many flying beach umbrellas) at Orient Bay. We still had a great time though!

Great pictures! What was the weather like? We are going in two weeks on the Radiance, and I have heard the weather has not been cooperating.

Also, what night is the midnight buffet? Did you go to CocoCay?

Thanks

Thanks! Cococay was changed to San Juan and they did offer excursions. Weather wasn't wonderful but we still got tan and had a great time. The gala midnight buffet was the 2nd formal night. They allow photos from 11:30 - 12:15 then close and reopen for eating at 12:30 (actually they opened earlier but they say 12:30). If you are having a meet and mingle watch for a time change. The Cruise Director (Peter) likes to have it the first day out so ours was changed to 10 PM the first night. Alot of people didn't make it due to the rough seas and the late hour since many of them flew in that morning. I will post my full review this weekend. I hope you have a chance to read it before you leave. Have a great time!

Linda and Jeff, thanks for the pictures. We leave for the Western Carribean in 8 days on the Radiance!!!!! Not only did your pics make me hungry, but very anxious to get on the ship! We will have an inside room :(, it is my first time without at least a window, but since it was just my daughter and I we thought we would try to keep the expenses down. Now the prices on the balconies went down so far, I wish I had upgraded. Oh well, we won't be spending that much time in our room anyway. Thanks again, Cindy

LindaandJeff, thanks for the great pics! We will be on Radiance in 3 weeks, 1st time on Radiance class for us. Hope you had a great time (and judging by the "drink of the day" glasses photo, you did :D)...looking forward to your review.

Hi everyone -

Here's a link to our cruise photos from our Eastern Caribbean trip on the Radiance of the Seas February 26, 2006 - March 5, 2006. I will post a review this weekend.

http://community.webshots.com/user/metonacruise

Loved the pictures. We are on the Radiance in November for the Eastern trip. You had a D1 cabin. We have an E1. Any idea the differences?

Thanks for sharing the photos!

We will be on the Radiance in 4 weeks on the Eastern cruise. Which nights were formal nights? Which night was Caribbean night in the Dining Room? Thanks so much for the pictures. Can't wait.

Day 1 - Sunday Casual

Day 2 - Monday At Sea (instead of CocoCays) - Formal

Day 3 - Tuesday San Juan (instead of at sea) - Casual - Italian Night

Day 4 - Wednesday St. Thomas - Casual/Caribbean & Poolside Buffet while refueling in St.Croix (10:30 pm - 12:30 am)

Day 5 - Thursday St. Maarten - Casual/50's & 60's (LOBSTER Night) - Quest

Day 6 - Friday At Sea Formal - Gala Buffet (11:30 - 12:00 viewing; 12:15 am - 1:15 am eating)

Day 7 - Saturday At Sea - Casual

Our food schedule kind of was off from what they normally do because of rough seas the first day and a half and because they were scared we would have rough seas the last day too (but we didn't). That's why they don't put the date on the menu anymore...so they have some flexibility. Lobster on casual night??? It was kind of weird!

Anyway, you will have a GREAT time!

Lindaandjeff, thanks for posting your pictures. The gala buffet sure looks impressive. I am booked in a D1 cabin and the storage looks plentiful. Is there a longer sofa in this cabin? TIA

Tons of storage in the D1. We also carried 1 of the nightstands out to the balcony when we wanted to eat out there because the table is small. The sofa is longer. Would seat 3 people before the gala buffet or 2 people after!

I loved the photos of all the storage nooks..... thanks for those details!

Regarding all those lovely food photos.....Is everything there edible? And i mean not just edible but encouraged to be eaten? For example, those whole roasted chicken sculptures and all those lobsters!!! Did anyone get in on that stuff? I'd be too afraid to mess it all up, but then again what a waste of food if no one eats it!

I loved the photos of all the storage nooks..... thanks for those details!

Regarding all those lovely food photos.....Is everything there edible? And i mean not just edible but encouraged to be eaten? For example, those whole roasted chicken sculptures and all those lobsters!!! Did anyone get in on that stuff? I'd be too afraid to mess it all up, but then again what a waste of food if no one eats it!

I thought about it (especially the lobsters) and probably would have tried it if it was the last night...wouldn't want to get kicked off the ship before that! Actually, not much goes to waste...you should see people attack it. I know for sure that they take the fruit carvings and chop it up toward the end to eat...I ate some of the watermelon that was previously a sculpture. As far as lobster goes, I ate my fair share...lobster in Portofinos and four tails on lobster night! :D

Thanks for the great pics. We will be in a D1 Radiance on 3/19...1st time on Radiance class....did I read in another post your son is going this week or am I confused...

did you try any spa treatments?

That was another poster asking about her son's upcoming trip...

But, yes, I did the combination 25 minute reflexology plus 25 minute shoulder and neck massge for 50 minutes of bliss (I think I was snoring!:o ) during the foot massage. Booked it for 4:15 on a port day since we had to be back on board by 4:30 anyway and they still gave me the $20 discount for booking a treatment while in port!

Archived