Carnival Elation

tlevans

I have been on the Grandeur....and loved it. The Royal Caribbean cruise out of Galveston we wanted was booked, so we are forced to go on a carnival instead. Anyone out there that can help me compare ships?

The Elation's a great ship, I've been on her twice. The decor is less gaudy and neon-ish than other ships, and at only 6 1/2 years old, is on the newer end of the Fantasy class - only the Paradise is newer in this class.

Pictures from my 5/2 Elation cruise are below. Also, there are several recent Elation threads and reviews around here, most of which you'll se are positive.

Go, have a great time! Take a positive attitude and you'll have a positive experience.

'Till the Grand Princess 12/4/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;12;4;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Holiday 12/00 - Baja

Elation 05/02 - Mexican Riviera

Elation 05/04 - W. Carribbean

Grand Princess 12/04 - W. Carribbean

See my pictures!

First off let me say any cruise is a great cruise. I do prefer RCL to Carnival. Here are some things my wife & I did not like about the Elation. The pool area is broken up by the stage. It is not one large area like the Rhapsody. Also the dinning room is broken up so that you cannot see the entire area like the Rhapsody. You can only see your little area. Also I missed the open deck on the promonade deck that Rcl has. The lobster tails were bigger on the Elation. The atrium was smaller on the Elation. I will stick to Rcl from now on but I did enjoy our cruise on the Elation.

CELEBRATION 11/00

RHAPSODY 11/01

RHAPSODY 04/02

SPLENDOUR 11/02

RHAPSODY 04/03

RHAPSODY 09/03

ELATION 05/04

I have heard that is not a nice, not as clean, you also hear in the media about people getting sick on Carnival......etc. etc. etc. I have also seen on cruisereviews.com that people love it, but I am still gathering information!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tlevans:

I have heard that is not a nice, not as clean, you also hear in the media about people getting sick on Carnival......etc. etc. etc. I have also seen on cruisereviews.com that people love it, but I am still gathering information!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't recall hearing about people getting sick on Carnival, but if that's indeed the case, they're not the only cruise line to have that sort of problem.

It sounds like you've already made up your mind. Sail RCL, and have fun. To be honest, you probably wouldn't enjoy Carnival because it appears that you're already convinced it's not a good product.

To each his own!

'Till the Grand Princess 12/4/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;12;4;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Holiday 12/00 - Baja

Elation 05/02 - Mexican Riviera

Elation 05/04 - W. Carribbean

Grand Princess 12/04 - W. Carribbean

See my pictures!

tlevans...i feel so horrible for you...what a terrible predictament you are in...you are being FORCED to have to endure a week on a Carnival ship...you will be FORCED to be pampered and catered to by a great staff...you will HAVE to watch great live shows...you will be MADE to eat delicious food that is served to you and then you get up and leave...you will be FORCED to be surrounded by a cross section of America...you will actually HAVE to be near regular everyday people who are the backbone of this country...some will be wealthier than you but OMG some will not...how are you ever going to make the week...if you get bored on the cruise, just lay by the pool being served by Carnival employees who will never have the opportunity to take a cruise vacation on Carnival or Royal Caribbean or any other ship...just lay by the pool and thank God for his blessings to you...your dilemma is one that many of your fellow Americans will never have to face...they're too busy worrying about feeding and clothing their families and making their rent/house payments...anyway, have a nice day...I'm sure you will find the correct solution to your terrible, agonizing problem.

You guys are pathetic! I came on here to get good advice. I am going on Carnival, but wanted to get some different opinions. Someone did say they would stick to Royal.....I don't want to regret not booking Royal in the first place. I am trying Carnival...and I may come back and be able to tell people it was great, and that I would go again. That is all I needed for you guys. Try to take out your frustration on someone that asked for it....man....you regular cruise critic are angry people!!!!!! I will have to say good bye to this place.....too much attitude, not enough advice. Have a good day!

tlevans,

I don't know if you still want info, but my family just got off the Elation yesterday and were just awed by the whole experience, The ship was beautiful and very clean, the food was excellent and I can't say enough about the wonderful staff and service. FYI, my parents sailed Rhapsody last November, and were on this one with us, my mom liked the Elation better. I don't think you will be the least bit disappointed, enjoy!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;5;23;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600 Elation 5-23-04

Archived