It's me again w/another question about GC

packedandready

I know you're probably tired of me and my questions, but I like to be at least semi-informed.

While in GC DH would like to do the Trolley Roger tour which takes about an hour. I'd like to just go to somewhere along Seven Mile Beach and hang out. The first Trolly tour starts at 8am. Since the ship is not leaving port until 6pm seems we have plenty of time to do both???

Could we just catch a cab after we are dropped back at the pier? Or do we need to get to the beach early to get a chair, etc. I've also read about the traffic and the suggestions to leave the beach early. What time do you think we'd need to leave to be back at the pier by 4:30 or 5.

Any thoughts or suggestion as to where on Seven Mile Beach? Thanks

We went to the Marriott Courtyard in December - we had a day room so we did not have to pay the beach fee but it was reasonable anyway. The beach was lovely, not crowded and the little cafe there had a nice little sandwich for a light lunch. The traffic back is unbearable - I would allow 2 hours just to be safe. If you get back with extra time, there is plenty of wandering to do in the pier area or you can pop into Senor Frogs for a cold beverage.

First step..go to cruisecal.com. Put in the date that your ship will be in GC.

WHen you are selecting, do not specify any one cruise line (we want to see all).

That will give you a handle on port congestion and traffic.

Are you on the Galaxy sailing 4-13?

First step..go to cruisecal.com. Put in the date that your ship will be in GC.

WHen you are selecting, do not specify any one cruise line (we want to see all).

That will give you a handle on port congestion and traffic.

Are you on the Galaxy sailing 4-13?

Yes Jim, we are on the Galaxy.....can hardly wait!!

First, you need to remember that GC is a tender port. If the ship leaves at 6:00, it is likely that the last tender is around 5:00 or 5:15. So you need to be back in plenty of time for that. In addition, I agree that the traffic is very bad, so you need to leave plenty of time for that too. Enjoy the beach, but be sure and leave yourself plenty of time to get back. :)

Archived