Well, excursions and/port calls are falling like bowling pins.

AtleeH

Less than a month ago, an excursion on St. Martin (the semi-submersible one) was dropped.  Now this week the stop at Barbados was eliminated, with Kingstown, St. Vincent and the Grenadines

I had an excursion  scheduled that I was really looking forward to doing.  It was the photographic Expedition.  Too bad.  I don't think Kingstown, St Vincent equals Bridgetown, Barbados.

4 minutes ago, KAKcruiser said:

At least it's someplace different.  The cruise lines go to the same ports over and over again.

It certainly different.  Haven't seen it before.

I'm disappointed too. Hopefully HAL can come up with some good excursion options for us. Being that it isn't an often-visited port, the excursions available independent of HAL are not very interesting to me. Hoping for a good snorkel trip as St. Vincent has some beautiful reefs.

27 minutes ago, CruiserN1 said:

I'm disappointed too. Hopefully HAL can come up with some good excursion options for us. Being that it isn't an often-visited port, the excursions available independent of HAL are not very interesting to me. Hoping for a good snorkel trip as St. Vincent has some beautiful reefs.

Are you on the Mar 18 Southern Caribbean Wayfarer cruise?

My whole cruise just went poof! 21 day Zaandam "Ultimate Caribbean" with a lot of new (to me) ports has been cancelled. In its place is one of the new Legendary cruises, 28 days to the Amazon. And the "offer" given to passengers on the Caribbean is insulting. They will honor the existing per diem, but only for cruises up to 21 days, the original length. So I can't substitute the cruise that has replaced my cruise at my original per diem. The new per diem for the same cabin is 25% more. And they won't carry over any OBC from the previous cruise. Oh, wait, it's okay. They're giving me $100. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

My whole cruise just went poof! 21 day Zaandam "Ultimate Caribbean" with a lot of new (to me) ports has been cancelled. In its place is one of the new Legendary cruises, 28 days to the Amazon. And the "offer" given to passengers on the Caribbean is insulting. They will honor the existing per diem, but only for cruises up to 21 days, the original length. So I can't substitute the cruise that has replaced my cruise at my original per diem. The new per diem for the same cabin is 25% more. And they won't carry over any OBC from the previous cruise. Oh, wait, it's okay. They're giving me $100. 

That sucks.  What's going on at HAL, or are other lines doing the same?

Can anyone even get a North American excursion desk agent? I have tried for days and only get off shore agents that do not actually know anything about excursions. I can read the website. Miss the old days when you could speak to an agent who has actually been there or has some knowedge of area. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KAKcruiser said:

I think they must use an offshore call center.  The rep has to keep putting me on hold to ask someone else for help.

Hello Bangalore - you be breaking up ma'am

On 3/7/2023 at 3:29 PM, AtleeH said:

Less than a month ago, an excursion on St. Martin (the semi-submersible one) was dropped.  Now this week the stop at Barbados was eliminated, with Kingstown, St. Vincent and the Grenadines

I had an excursion  scheduled that I was really looking forward to doing.  It was the photographic Expedition.  Too bad.  I don't think Kingstown, St Vincent equals Bridgetown, Barbados.

We have a stop in Freeport in 2 weeks and HAL isn't even offering any shore excursions there!