Water price increase

On 3/8/2023 at 10:01 AM, LilBlackDress said:

For our Oasis Cruise in Feb 2024, the prices are CRAZY!! 
Water 1 liter (12) $30.99 (24) $54.99 

When was the last time you looked at water bottle prices at a convenience store? $2.60 per bottle isn't all that high, especially if it is Evian. I just checked my Target app, and a liter bottle of Evian is $2.49. I'm more than happy to pay $0.11 extra per bottle if it means I don't have to worry about packing it!

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Candleonwater said:

When was the last time you looked at water bottle prices at a convenience store? $2.60 per bottle isn't all that high, especially if it is Evian. I just checked my Target app, and a liter bottle of Evian is $2.49. I'm more than happy to pay $0.11 extra per bottle if it means I don't have to worry about packing it!

We are on well water and it tastes worse than city water, ship water, and any other water I have had in IL. I moved to IL 20 years ago and have always purchased bottled water. 
I have chronic kidney stones and drink about 3 lt of water a day...  
I special order 4 cases of 1.5 liters at a time from my local market. They just raised the price after 10 years. I was paying $5.49 for a case of 12 and now paying $5.99

PS I am not a huge fan of the taste of Evian water either, but it is better than nothing...

So in answer to your question, the convenience stores near me sell one liter for just over a dollar. I have not priced Evian, because as I said, I am not a fan...

32 minutes ago, LilBlackDress said:

We are on well water and it tastes worse than city water, ship water, and any other water I have had in IL. I moved to IL 20 years ago and have always purchased bottled water. 
I have chronic kidney stones and drink about 3 lt of water a day...  
I special order 4 cases of 1.5 liters at a time from my local market. They just raised the price after 10 years. I was paying $5.49 for a case of 12 and now paying $5.99

PS I am not a huge fan of the taste of Evian water either, but it is better than nothing...

So in answer to your question, the convenience stores near me sell one liter for just over a dollar. I have not priced Evian, because as I said, I am not a fan...

I get it. I've always been able to drink the water, regardless of color/flavor. Miami beach (back in the 90s) was, at times, light brown.  Now, I'm a bit more selective.

It all comes down to what the market will bear. Our convenience stores (right outside DC) aren't cheap. Even the non-Evian bottles run $1.50 - 2.00.  Of course, when I find a sale, I grab a bunch.

• Like 1