luggage in Vancouver pre and post cruise?

Planning our first cruise to Alaska, sailing in and out of Vancouver, and I have a logistics question.  We land in Vancouver the night before our cruise which sails at 4 p.m. (don't know the boarding time yet) and then will stay in Vancouver one night after the cruise.  We'd like to see a bit of the city, but we would have our luggage with us after we have to check out of the hotel on the way there and again until we could check in to our hotel post-cruise.  Are there any reliable options for stashing it somewhere or will we need to haul it around with us? Thanks in advance for your help with my newbie question!

On cruise morning, keep it simple and free - leave bags in your room until check-out or just drop them at the pier early (any time after 9:30am usually works, although officially they don't guarantee being able to drop until some time between 10 and 10:30am).

After the cruise, if your hotel is downtown take your bags right to it. If you're staying out at the airport or somewhere else in the boonies, then the Pan Pacific stores non-guest bags for cheaper, with shorter queues, and for longer hours than the official pier storage (unless you book a tour through WestCoast, the local gray line affiliate, when they cut the cost of storage by half it's the most expensive bag store in the city and always has the worst hours, you have to come get your bags again by 4:30pm!)

But if you are happy to pre-book storage non-refundably, there are multiple services online that have local stores and hotels signed up as storage locations - costs vary from about $5 to $10 a bag, including insurance. I can't recommend any personally, living downtown I've never needed to use one, but googling 'luggage storage Vancouver BC' brings up several - I'd check those which let you see exactly where the locations are first, then Googlemap the walking directions from the pier.