Upsell still possible??

cnlshea

I am sailing on the Dawn 4/16 and after reading these boards called last week and got a upsell from BA to AF and was extremely happy. At the time I did it the AF was the only rooms available to sleep 3. I checked now and AB penthouse is now available is it still possible to get an upsell to that? Anyone experience this before?:confused:

I am sailing on the Dawn 4/16 and after reading these boards called last week and got a upsell from BA to AF and was extremely happy. At the time I did it the AF was the only rooms available to sleep 3. I checked now and AB penthouse is now available is it still possible to get an upsell to that? Anyone experience this before?:confused:

Sure go for it - they will caculate the price based on what you have paid so far for the AF. It will go fast :eek:

If you just clicked on it online they will tell you nothing is avaible. It leaves inventory for about 15 minutes.

cnlshea: Please join our roll call if you have not done so already. It's getting pretty active over there. As for the upsell, go for it. You have nothing to lose by trying.

Always a good idea to put a link to your roll call. Many new posters have no idea where to find it.

Here is a link to that roll call

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=160302

My TA said that I could not to an upsell unless I wanted to pay the full difference between what I have paid and the total price of the AB.:confused: Does that make sense I did get a great deal on the AF why would it be full price to go to AB?? Any suggestions?

Was this the same TA that got you the previous upsell? It doesn't sound right to me UNLESS NCL feels they can book it anyway and just aren't offering an upsell on this cabin.

jmo

-Monte

Mbisson, no my first upsell I called the upsell desk 800 625-4309 and they did it for me but I was told I should go through my TA. but I had already given all my credit card info and she said for me to just notify my TA. I don't think she was supposed to do it but I was not going to complain.:D

I'm sorry guys one other question why is it that AB is the only suite that would sleep 3? Shouldn't any suite have at least a sofa pull out??

The AB has two bedrooms and two bathrooms. Exceptionaly family freindly

Perhaps they all should have a sleeper but they don't. I think NCL is trying to keep the penthouses as 1st class not high density family suites.

If all you need is a sleeper the AF will work great.

Mbisson, no my first upsell I called the upsell desk 800 625-4309 and they did it for me but I was told I should go through my TA. but I had already given all my credit card info and she said for me to just notify my TA. I don't think she was supposed to do it but I was not going to complain.:D

try calling the upsell desk directly again. everytime i call (and I booked through a TA), they simply ask me to hold while they call my TA for permission to deal directly with me. Then you can deal directly with the upsell desk.

try calling the upsell desk directly again. everytime i call (and I booked through a TA), they simply ask me to hold while they call my TA for permission to deal directly with me. Then you can deal directly with the upsell desk.

That is the best plan but the AB is gone.

I am on the April 16th cruise We called the upsell # this mourning and we have gone from an af to an ab.We booked through a TA but a few phone calls later it was ours NCL could not have been any nicer because when we first called the ab was not showing thanks to me looking at it. She took all our info and said she would call as soon as one came up .I am so excited I didn't think I could be anymore thrilled I would keep trying

Normally they do require you to go thru your TA, so you were somewhat fortunate to get your previous upsell. I've got a hunch that your TA doesn't understand just what an upsell is. I've heard of other cases where some TAs just didn't know how they work or that they actually need to call the upsell desk and not just the main reservation #.

-Monte

I am a 'victim' of a double upsell, first from a AG mini to a AC penthouse, and earlier this week another upsell to a Courtyard Villa! I am tickled pink but a little freaked at how much it cost me, although still a substantial savings than going for the A3 right off the bat. I'm on the Jewel next week (3/19). I'm going to enjoy it as much as I can, because it might be inside cabins for awhile after this one.... :p

Archived