Trouble deciding on what type of room on QM2

Joe33472

12 hours ago, JSR said:

We are facing the luggage problem and I am still trying to wrap my brain around it as we will be coming from an expedition cruise in the arctic on SS and then some land touring. My fear is we will need a full time porter to get all the various layers and clothes hauled from one place to another, while I can roll up a couple of formal dress my husband's jacket and suit do not roll! We will also have parkas and boots which will be given to us on SS. 

If you do not need your formal clothing for your other travel why not ship them directly to the Queen prior to your vacation.  Another option would be to ship your parkas and books to someone at home.  It make be pricey but it sure does make traveling easier.  Enjoy all your trips.

@shippmates thank you. We are considering shipping things home from Tromso as we will not be in a rush for our winter clothes in the end of June. That will help as those clothes are the bulky ones.  We may need some of our formal wear along route so we will manage it. Once we solve hubby's suit,  we are fine as it is a 7 day cruise, all he needs is a change of shirt and tie, he will have a sport coat too. I am resolved that worst case is we will have it pressed upon arrival and all will be good. My dress clothes roll up so I will be fine, may even go the one black dress, two jacket route. I have ordered a pair of shoes that would work all the dinners, fingers crossed when they arrive they will fit. That will help, it is always the shoes that take up so much space...I am really trying to put into practice minimal packing, time will tell if I succeed. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JSR said:

we are fine as it is a 7 day cruise,

The June 23rd Crossing is seven nights/eight days, if that helps with dressing up planning. 
Looking forward to to say hi onboard and hearing about your Arctic trip. 

Edited by NE John

27 minutes ago, NE John said:

The June 23rd Crossing is seven nights/eight days, if that helps with dressing up planning. 
Looking forward to to say hi onboard and hearing about your Arctic trip. 

Here is the link to our roll call if you want to join. Looking forward to meeting you.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2908180-queen-mary-2-southampton-to-nyc-june-23-2023/#comment-62751406

• Thanks 1