Duty Free Liquor? What do you buy?

Sheffie: Where is this place? I'm a chocoholic and love Mudslides & the fruit/choc. from Africa..Amarello? Just threw my last bottle out [empty of course!] and having a Sr. Moment. Do you remember the prices there? Have not seen the Godiva!

Winncove, when you get off the water taxi, you turn left down the main street. Ram's is down on the left. There is also a place in town that other CCers have said has great chocolate, but I don't know where it is! I thought I had it bookmarked or written down, but I don't! I guess I will have to go out on a mission!

Michelle

I'm not a big drinker, but DH & I discovered Sheridan's on our first cruise and have been hooked ever since. Have not been able to find in the US (at least not in new england area).

Basically, it is a bottle with 2 separate compartments that contain coffee liquor and a creme liquor with 1 pourer, so when you pour the drinl automatically flows in a 2 to 1 ratio.

Yummmy :)

Wendy

BTW..Did y'all know RCI says they'll match port prices? Saw the sign in the ship's store. I did this after not buying in St. Maarten because it was an all day excursion. Had no proof of their price but no problem. Maybe I just got lucky that nite but saved $4/bottle.

Signman -

We found the Johnnie Walker in San Juan at the Old San Juan terminal. That was our stop for the day after leaving out of Miami. When you are in the terminal, you go upstairs to the liquor store on the corner (it's a somewhat large store and they have samples in the back room). Please keep in mind that this is NOT the Pan-Am pier where your ship departs from on cruises originating in San Juan - it is the pier where RCI ships stop for day ports.

I just learned about Sheridan's on our last cruise. It is so good. You cannot get it in the States. I think it is sold in Canada. On the first night on the Brillance, there was a tasting table outside the store and they had quite a few varieties to sample. One sip of the Sheridan's and I just had to get a bottle. Too bad I didn't get 2 since I have to wait until Dec for more!!

We usually buy the high end brands when cruising, ie. Grand Marnier, good brandiy and cognac, single malt scotches, Irish whisky, etc. My DH used to work in a liquor store and is familiar with the prices. He is usually comparing the price to what he used to pay as an employee and the ships and ports come out the winner. Even this last trip where we had to pay $13 duty it was worth it.

It is even more worth it now that we live in FL and don't have to schlepp it on airplanes. I take one of those folding luggage carriers so that I can just wheel the boxes off the ship and into the car.

Archived