Dress Code for Kids

mana1

Hi,

I was wondering how formally the kids needed to be dressed. For boys is a shirt and tie good or do they need a suit or Tux. I read one of the threads talking about a Tux. For girls is it better to have a long formal dress or is an Easter type dress good?

Thanks so much

I made a point of looking at the kids this last cruise because we are taking ours on the next one.

On the QM2 the young boys and teens were either wearing dress shirts with ties or suits ....with the majority of them in black suits. I did notice that the ones just in dress shirts were wearing black dress shirts with silver or marroon ties.They all looked so handsome. I did not notice any in tuxedos but there could have been.

The young girls were wearing Easter style dresses and the teens were wearing prom dresses.

Dont worry about being overly dressed. Everyone is dressed up! In fact, all the men at our table for 10 wore tuxedos and many more on board as well. You wont feel out of place.

My two sons (11 and 13 at the time) were in black suits and black ties on three of the transatlantic nights. On the informal night, they switched to tan suits (it was summer). I do not specifically recall how young girls were dressed, though.

During the day, khakis and nice polo shirts.

Paul

Archived