Nutritional information for meals

Sunny429

I know this is a long shot and I may have more success asking once aboard, however, has anyone ever asked for a breakdown estimate of nutritional information of meals - particularly dinner? My husband is a type 1 Diabetic so counting carbs is key to keeping his blood sugar in check. Breakfast is easy for him because he has cereal, boxed, and the carbs are listed on the box. The challenging part is dinner, with potential sauces and sides. 

• Like 1

I think your best bet is to list your dietary restrictions on mysilversea and then ask to speak with the ship's chef when you board the vessel.

My wife is listed for her glutten and dairy issues, and it's amazing how quickly all the wait staff catch on about it and address it when she is ordering food.

1 hour ago, Rothko1 said:

I think your best bet is to list your dietary restrictions on mysilversea and then ask to speak with the ship's chef when you board the vessel.

My wife is listed for her glutten and dairy issues, and it's amazing how quickly all the wait staff catch on about it and address it when she is ordering food.

Thank you. He doesn’t have any dietary restrictions. It’s helpful to know the approximate number of carbohydrates in a meal so can plan his insulin shot accordingly. Many recipes I have here at home have listed the number of calories, fat, sugars, carbohydrates etc. As Silversea has well-trained chefs, I’m hoping they might have some idea of the nutritional information for the portions they serve. I think you have a good idea about asking to speak with the chef once onboard. Thank you! I will do that. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/13/2023 at 7:58 AM, Sunny429 said:

Thank you. I knew it was a long shot when I posted my question. 

I'm glad you asked this question because we have similar concerns,  I have downloaded Calorie King, which helps a bit.