Trolley Roger and Seven Mile Beach

packedandready

I've posted this question on the Celebrity board but hope to have more responses here.

Dh wants to do the Trolley tour. We've only been to GC by way of a cruise ship and he thought it would be nice the see an over view of the island. I would like to go somewhere along Seven Mile Beach and just hang out.

Since our ship doesn't leave port until 6pm and the first Trolley tour leaves at 8am (lasting about an hour) I'm thinking we might have time to do both. I thought we could just grab a cab and head out to the beach once the tour drops us at the pier. Would we need to get to the beach earlier so assure chairs, ect. Also, I've read a lot about the traffic being so bad, what time would we need to leave the make it back to the ship by 4:30 or 5? Any beach location suggestions? Thanks

I'd think you'd have time to do both. You could do the tour, then hop a cab to Sea Grape beach. Just make sure and give yourself plenty of time getting back to the ship. Traffic tends to move at a very slow pace around that time. I'd say allow at least an hour to get back to the tender line. We were there for a week, and although we never stopped at Sea Grape, it never appeared crowded. It's a pretty big area. You do have an advantage over most of the other cruisers with your ship leaving so late. Most people will pack up and leave much earlier than you will have to.

Archived