getting to port of Miami from FLL

PJnVA

I am thinking about booking a cruise in September (because December is JUST too far away icon_biggrin.gif)

Looking at flying into FLL only $120 round trip but want to sail out of Miami. What would you suggest as the best way to get to the port?

Thanx

107134354kNepvj_th.jpg

Carnival Sensation 09/99

Carnival Victory 12/01

Carnival Sensation 05/02

Carnival Pride 12/02

Carnival Spirit 12/03

Celebrity Galaxy 3/04

<MARQUEE>

Carnival Conquest in ...

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=006400&cdt=2004;12;12;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600 </MARQUEE>

<MARQUEE direction=right >Adventures of the Seas in ...

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=228b22&cdt=2005;12;4;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 </MARQUEE>

Roll call AOS 12/4/2005 click here

We are booked for Sept. Flying in a day early and staying in Miami by the port. There is a shuttle from FLL to Miami for 15.00 a person. I believe its called Super Shuttle and you don't need any reservations. We're flying from Cleveland and paid 265.00 a person. Wish I had your airfare .

There are several options, some of which have been noted above. The one that we've never done is rent a car. While it surely could be cost effective if you're going to be in town a couple days early and plan on moving your group around a lot, take the time to think it through.

Personally, I don't want the hassle of driving while on vacation. Every time I've priced a rental car I've also carefully thought out a pre-cruise itinerary, mostly for budget purposes but I have a good idea of our ground transportation needs. In every case it has been less expensive for us to make other arrangements.

On one trip we even rented a limo for a tour and it was less expensive. Still, if you don't mind driving and plan on moving around a lot that might be the way to go

Here are some other options:

http://www.lifeiscruising.com/ground_transportation

Happy Cruising

Chris

www.LifeIsCruising.com

Next up:

Caribbean Princess 06/26/04

Star Princess 10/24/04

Diamond Princess 12/22/04

Sapphire Princess June '05

Carnival Valor 10/30/05

As Chris said, the rental car is the cheapest option. When i posted that statement months ago, I was roundly attacked for being so stupid. So, I will recommend it again, having done it myself. Yes, I know, it will never work...I am an idiot. etc.

JV The 4 stages of cruising: planning, anticipation, experience and reflection.

Archived