Alaska Cruisetours "Excursions"

cpa09

We booked an Alaska Cruisetour (12 night Mountain Panorama Adventure 5B).  It is my understanding that there are optional "excursions" for the land tour part of the cruise.  I don't see these on the Cruise Planner with Royal Caribbean.  Will we get some kind of notification prior to the Cruisetour of what optional things to do on the land tour or will we get this on our first day of the land tour?  

As for Denali, I see recommendations to upgrade to the Tundra Wilderness from the Natural History Tour.  How is this upgrade done?  

Thanks,

This year there is only one bus ride into the park and it stops at MP42 due to a landslide that won't be fixed until 2024 at the earliest. As for add on excursions you will probably not see the listing until you get to the start of the tour.

Cruise tours and cruises are two different entities.  They don't talk to each other.

The Natural History tour is rubbish.  It only goes 17 miles into the park and you will see almost no wildlife.  You see a film and then stop for lectures at two sites.  The TWT goes to Mile 42 with no film and lecture stops. You will likely see wildlife, including bears, which are almost never seen on the NHT.  The upgrade is around $25.

Someone posted on another thread the online brochure for the add on excursions on a cruise tour, which was the FIRST I had seen yet.....poke around here and you can see what options you MAY have...

I believe that they are built to have you sign up upon arrival, so they don't really have any ability to "sell out" months in advance like cruise excursions....

We were on a cruise tour last summer - we did get notification of some of the excursions (not many) before we left - and yes, the vast majority were provided as we arrived at the location.  There were a few that were listed as "sold out" before we left that had space in them when we arrived.

For sure upgrade to the TWT if it isn't included in your tour - I wish we could have gone on the longer tour, but we saw lots of wildlife.

• 3 weeks later...