Holiday Inn -- Near Airport San Juan. What's it like?

Funcouple

We're at the Holiday Inn 3 nights pre cruise in April booked through priceline but reviews on trip advisor are good Went to the website it has several restraunts in the hotel and pool looks nice which I'm hoping as unable to find anything open on Good Friday so we will be laying around the pool that day. If your going afer us I'll be glad to let you know more when we get home.

We stayed there about a month ago. We had a very good experience. There are resturants, and a bar in the resturant as well as a very nice pool area. It is within walking distance from other resturants and stores. The room was nice, not brand new, but the pool and other ammenities were very nice.

This is just my own opinion but if you are going to get on a cruise ship, i would stay in Old Town San Juan, there is much more to do and see all within walking distance, it is 1 block from the dock, sheraton, is right across the street, no need for taxi's just roll your luggage across, there are also many boutique type hotels in the area that are very nice, resturants everywhere, i have been a few times and have always felt very safe.

This is just my own opinion but if you are going to get on a cruise ship, i would stay in Old Town San Juan, there is much more to do and see all within walking distance, it is 1 block from the dock, sheraton, is right across the street, no need for taxi's just roll your luggage across, there are also many boutique type hotels in the area that are very nice, resturants everywhere, i have been a few times and have always felt very safe.

You're absolutely right, OSJ is ideal. The only problem is that there is nothing available in OSJ this week -- Even two months ago when we booked there was nothing available (at a reasonable rate of less than $225/night) this week. It's Spring Break and everything is booked.

In addition, the ship is docked at the PanAM pier which is about 10 minutes by taxi outside of OSJ so staying in OSJ doesn't have the typical advantages.

Love OSJ. There aren't any rooms available in OSJ -- just like Tuscany.

unable to find anything open on Good Friday so we will be laying around the pool that day.

I'm going to be there too on Good Friday. WHen you say "nothing open" are you talking about restaurants? Shops? ??? I realize that probably a lot of things would shut down on the major Easter holiday, but I'm curious as to what you are finding closed.

We had looked into taking several tours that day with no luck the Rangers with vistors center ect closed, Camuay caves closed, Acrciebo observatory closed, Forts closed, Rum Factory closed,no bio bay excursions also most shops ect all closed I spoke to the Concierge Desk at the hotel and told almost everything on the Island is closed about all there is to do was go to church and that several churchs and processions in the streets also the island is beatifully decorated for the holiday. This is all I can tell you from the 25+ people I connected if you've heard of anything to do I would love to get the info. Thanks

I am not surprised that most everything would be closed on Good Friday. They are very catholic there and take their holidays seriously. Luckily we arrived on Thanksgiving and that is not a religious holiday so no problem there.

Archived