Thermal Suite Pass? - Alaska Cruise

FrankieJayIII

Hello,

I am writing to ask anyone with experience having the Thermal Suite pass for their cruise to Alaska.   Did you find value in this?  Was the thermal suite something you would book again?   Any other thoughts?

An immersive thermal experience. Go solo or relax with friends and family. Unwind in an oasis of heated chambers, featuring warm and cool temperatures to cleanse and recharge the body. Elements of mist, rain, steam and warmth are designed to promote deep relaxation and renewal of vital energies. Pass valid for the entire duration of cruise.

Roughly $20/day per person... for a 10 day cruise it would be $400 for a couple. 

Let me know.  Also- we are on an Alaska cruise.

I believe this area is ‘different’ depending on the ship ‘class’. Royal class ship this area is called the ‘Enclave’ and on non Royal ships it is the ‘Thermal Suite’, so I assume you will be on a non Royal Class ship to Alaska?

Check out YouTube for videos so can compare the size and amenities offered.

Some Princess ‘Grand’ class ships still have a free sauna and steam room located in the changing rooms by the fitness center. 

Sometimes, you can prebook and get discount, otherwise tour on day1 and decide if amenities are adequate.

On one of our cruises last year it was much cheaper booking for the full cruise - $179 I think.  ($149 for a 7 day to Mexico)

Its definitely worth the daily rate to me - but for the whole cruise, I planned to go at least 3-4 times, and ended up going twice.  Next time I’ll just do it daily.

Edited by WAvoyager

I'm pondering the same question for our upcoming cruise on the Sapphire Princess to Alaska in June.  I'm having a difficult time finding out exactly what the Thermal Suite comprises, and whether the Sapphire has free sauna and steam room as mentioned by wallyj.  Does anyone have insight on the Sapphire specifically?  Thanks.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pluto_fan said:

I'm pondering the same question for our upcoming cruise on the Sapphire Princess to Alaska in June.  I'm having a difficult time finding out exactly what the Thermal Suite comprises, and whether the Sapphire has free sauna and steam room as mentioned by wallyj.  Does anyone have insight on the Sapphire specifically?  Thanks.

Hi @Pluto_fan, there is currently a live from Sapphire on her way back to LA. I suggest you post any questions on that thread. I believe Sapphire has a dry dock scheduled next month? I know bigger sister ship Emerald had the steam and saunas removed to make room for accessible treatment rooms in the spa, but have not heard Princess plans to do this to the rest of the ‘Grand’ class ships.

• Thanks 1