Introduce a new Loyalty Tier

Port out

2 hours ago, Wonky said:

For me being able to get upgrades as you moved through the tiers would be a good start. If say the grade above is available 2 months before your cruise, automatic free upgrade.

That ship has well and truly sailed with the launch of biding for upgrades. we used to do well with Princess loyalty but suppose that those days are gone too.

There’s room for both, a great loyalty scheme can be a benefit to both passenger and company, I’m intrigued to know what would drive people to book. @Denarius Can you honestly say that if, for example, you had 4 cruises booked and if you were to book an additional cruise it would get you a free cruise the next year you wouldn’t be interested?

16 hours ago, Wonky said:

There’s room for both, a great loyalty scheme can be a benefit to both passenger and company, I’m intrigued to know what would drive people to book. @Denarius Can you honestly say that if, for example, you had 4 cruises booked and if you were to book an additional cruise it would get you a free cruise the next year you wouldn’t be interested?

A few years ago Fred offered three cruises for the price of two, the cheapest cruise being free. This was not a loyalty offer as it was advertised and offered to all as a reward/offer to book. I don't know if this offer was deemed a success and repeated?

It may be unpalatable, but if you are a customer who turns up regularly and hands over your cash regularly than the perception is that you will continue to do so.  Giving money away to a customer who is happy to pay what they currently pay doesn't make a lot of financial sense from a companies perspective.  

If someone is top tier (200 nights sailing in 3 years?) then they will presumably be seen as happy with their current offering and not needing further incentives to book.

• Like 6