Media Wi-Fi Package for Carnival Mardi Gras?

srobinet63

We will be cruising as a large family group about 15 people. We have a family plan with T-Mobile. I don't believe T-Mobile has any service in the Bahamas. I don't want my disabled son to be able to make any calls back to the states. I do however want to be able to use Facebook Messenger to check in with other household members back home.  Does one of the media packages allow this or would I just be able to text/messenger other family members on the cruise? My mom is also going to want to send texts or messages to her sister since she will not be going off the ship at one of the ports. 

If one person in the cabin has social media does everyone else have to have it as well? 

5 hours ago, VIFP1987 said:

The value package will give you access to FB messenger. Not everyone in the cabin has to get it unless they too want access to messenger. 

You can use Facebook messenger/iMessages/instagram DMs/ Snapchat all with the Social Plan. Anything that is done through an app. I was not able to download my emails but did that in port because my AT and T covered Mexico and tgd Caribbean. T-Mobile might as well. 

What does your T-Mobile Service say about coverage?  I would start there first and then see what you do or do not have for coverage.  Most phone providers have some sort of roaming package. You can also check out Carnivals web site Carnival.com under Internet packages.