Belize in August--Is the jungle too hot?

steel123

My family is still trying to decide which excursion to take in Belize. Since we will be there in late August, I am wondering if it would be too hot to take any of the excursions that go into the jungle. We are thinking about possibly the cave tubing or going to the Altun Ha ruins. Has anyone been there in August? I did a search and also found August can be rainy as well. The kids are 9 & 11, so I'm not sure what type of excursion would be best. Is it best to snorkel or got to the beach this time of the year? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks, in advance!:)

We were in Belize in July last summer. It was 95 degrees with 90% humidity. Coming from a very dry climate it was hot for me. We did the Lamanai excursion and heatwise I was very uncomfortable. I did still enjoy the excursion.

In other ports it was hot and humid, but we spent a lot of time in the water, which made it more comfortable and enjoyable.

If I were doing it again, I would do excursions that involved water in every port and save inland excursions for winter cruises.

Thanks for your reply. Your detailed description is very helpful. I wasn't sure how hot it would actually feel, especially when you factor in the humidity. I think we will take your advise, and look into the excursions that include water. :)

• 1 month later...

We were in Belize in August last summer. It was extremely hot. We did the River Wallace/Altun Ha tour. I had both 11 and 14 year olds with us. It was just so hot, we did not see a lot of animals. Altun Ha was very interesting, but just so hot.

I'd chose to do a water activity, and in Belize I'd stick with the ship sponsored ones.

Have a great time, we had an excellent vacation over all last year, and now we are going on an Eastern Carribean itinary in August.

Archived