Radisson- Seven Seas Navigator April 21st

OutExploring

Hi, we are friends of HOWNDDER. I think he answered you. We are also going to be on the Navigator. We met Howard in November when we went to Tahiti on the Navigator. We are 823 or something like that, really far forward so we wont feel the vibration. We live in Sebastopol which is about 60 miles north of San Francisco. We are Margaret and Shirley

Hi Margaret and Shirley:

I am absolutely delighted that you are both on the cruise too. For a moment there, I thought I was going to be the only one.

Have you been on the ship before? Are the vibrations bad? I was trying to get something as close to the center as possible. This would be my first transatlantic cruise and the first time on board for so many days without getting off. Have never been on Radisson but have heard so many things about it.

I live in Vancouver, BC and will be flying down 2 days before. Looki forward to meeting you both on board!

Kaelan

Hi Kaelan, this will be our fourth Radisson cruise, our third on the Navigator. We went to Tahiti last November on a three week cruise and loved it. The vibration is pretty bad especially at the back of the ship so this time we are going to be pretty far forward. We are part of the Theater at Sea group so we are really looking forward to that. Are you male or female? Sorry to be so ignorant. We love to play ping pong, trivia and all the other things that go on. Are you good at trivia? We'll need four others for our team. Let us know. Margaret

I sailed this great ship on a 11 day Alaska cruise from Vancouver to Alaska and terminated in San Francisco. I must admit at no time in the cruise did I feel any vibration greater than other ships that might hit rough seas. But then again maybe it was all that wine they poured into me at dinner that made my bottom numb and oblivious to any strange vibrations.....from the ship anyway.

The Navigator is a cute ship....the Stars bar is my favourite place to hang out. If there is one short coming in the design...its the observation room.....it needs to be expanded and redesigned into something more than a reading room with coffee.

Best wishes for a grand time on a grand ship.

Love my radisson / Regent cruise line!

Tom

Hi Margaret:

Trivia- me... I will watch, support, cheer but trust me, you don't want me on your team. I am male (most days) ...just kidding, desperately single!

Can you tell me about the theatre at sea group? I know their spotlighting theatre but am not sure what that really means.

Regards,

Kaelan

Hi Tom:

Thanks for the information- Did you like Alaska? What month did you go? I see all the cruise ships leave from my office and home and keep saying I will do it one of these years- its one of those things I take for granted I guess ..:)

Have you ever done anything with Atlantis Events? I am going to Kenya with them in June and as they mostly do cruises, am curious as to how proficient they are.

Kaelan

Hi Kaelan, theater at sea is made up of old actors who are getting a free trip. Patricia Neal, Ed Asner, Leslie Uggams are a few. They will be putting on plays. I dont know if they are for everyone or only those who booked through them. Patricia Neal is having her 80th birthday party on board - should be fun. Are you travelling alone? My partner really felt the vibration at night although I didn't. I felt it made me sleep better but she had to take sleeping pills. We complained to Radisson after the cruise and they gave us each $1500 off on this one. You can read about the vibration on the boards under Regent- RSSC. Margaret

Yes, I am travelling alone. Figured it would be a good chance on catching up on sleep, reading and hoping the office will have no way of reaching me ..:)

Staying at the Royal Palms in Ft Lauderdale two nights prior. Will look for you both on board!

Kaelan

Archived