“Outside Guarantee” on Aurora?

CruiseMark

Hi,

Does anyone have experience booking an “Outside Guarantee” cabin on the Aurora?  Did you actually end up with an Outside cabin or were you upgraded?  Or were you put in a bad cabin?

I’ve cruised extensively on other lines, but never with a guarantee room (due to Early Saver). The Select fare was significantly more expensive, so I’m trying to assess the risk of booking the lower fare. 

Most of the outside cabins on Aurora are in the forward section of the lower decks. Some are above and below the theatre (which will be a source of noise at certain times during shows, rehearsals and when props are being moved around) and some are under the promenade deck. I don’t think any of that should be particularly troublesome, but those booking Select are more likely to have booked the cabins away from these areas. Upgrades will always be given as a priority to those booking a Select fare so, whilst it’s not out of the question, you should always book a Saver on the assumption that you will not be upgraded. I don’t think that there are any nightmare cabins on Aurora though, so if the saving is significant I wouldn’t be too worried. Aurora is a lovely ship and does far more interesting itineraries than the bigger ships, so I’m sure that you won’t regret your decision. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, CruiseMark said:

Hi,

Does anyone have experience booking an “Outside Guarantee” cabin on the Aurora?  Did you actually end up with an Outside cabin or were you upgraded?  Or were you put in a bad cabin?

I’ve cruised extensively on other lines, but never with a guarantee room (due to Early Saver). The Select fare was significantly more expensive, so I’m trying to assess the risk of booking the lower fare. 

Just off Aurora (Cabin E151). Very comfortable, seaview. Great Norway cruise. Enjoy!

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Fionboard said:

Just off Aurora (Cabin E151). Very comfortable, seaview. Great Norway cruise. Enjoy!

Was that a typo? According to the deckplan E151 is an inside cabin... 🤔