Feedback on ports please - deciding between two itineraries

lisa6191

Hi all - We are finally trying to reschedule the Mediterranean cruise we had to cancel in October 2020. I am stuck between two itineraries. Neither one has exactly what I was looking for (I was hoping for both Valletta and Kusadasi, which were the ports I was most looking forward to on the cruise we had to cancel), so I would appreciate feedback on which of these itineraries you would prefer and why. Both on Encore, almost identical price.

1) round trip Athens 10 night October 1

Skiathos

Kavala

Istanbul overnight

Izmir

Kusadasi

Mykonos

Milos

2) round trip Athens 11 night October 11

Poros

Syracuse

Lipari

Valletta

Chania,Crete

Marmaris

Bodrum

Naxos

Thank you so much!

Personally I like the first one better. We did a 14 day cruise last summer that was almost identical to these two cruises and the ports the first week were so much more interesting.  The excursion to Ephesus was incredible.  Istanbul was unlike any city I had ever been to.  

Both are good, Nr.1 has Kusadasi with Ephesus as the highlight which is fabulous, Mykonos is nice but touristic, but you should take a ferry to Delos, were no one lives, except a red cat, a step back in time, and you'll see the former home of Cleopatra.

Nr.2 has Poros a small charming Greek island, Syracuse, Sicily!, Valetta, Malta also a nice place to visit. Maybe you should them both..

48 minutes ago, Sir PMP said:

Both are good, Nr.1 has Kusadasi with Ephesus as the highlight which is fabulous, Mykonos is nice but touristic, but you should take a ferry to Delos, were no one lives, except a red cat, a step back in time, and you'll see the former home of Cleopatra.

Nr.2 has Poros a small charming Greek island, Syracuse, Sicily!, Valetta, Malta also a nice place to visit. Maybe you should them both..

I wish! The cruise we had booked in 2020 had such a great itinerary, it started in Malta and then went to Sicily, then several Greek islands, then Kusadasi. It didn't have Istanbul but I'm not sure whether I want to go there anyway, still deciding. I hate that they changed the itinerary!

Agree you should do both…but #1 seems like a more interesting itinerary. Istanbul is spectacular and Ephesus is a must see.  Delis (Mykonos) is very interesting.  Although, Syracuse and Valletta are pretty nifty, I would still go with the first one.

it’s a win/win no matte4 which one you pick

linda

Definitely #1. Ephesus via Kusadasi is spectacular. Visited many Roman and Greek sites over the years and this should not be missed. That plus two days in Istanbul with so much to see and do would do it for me. The addition of Mykonos and Skiathos is also a bonus.